Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My apology to all those I may have offended >

My apology to all those I may have offended

My apology to all those I may have offended

Old 02-17-2010, 05:03 AM

I agree...no apology needed.
We are all big girls and boys.
We get our feathers ruffled sometimes, but we also state it like we do.
I also agree that you should make another and enter it.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:25 AM

The whole thing is silly , you are welcome here. You are not a cheater. I would do more quilting on it and ask what they think. If they said no Tell them to take there contest and hold it where the sun don't shine,
big hug :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-17-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by tslowery
Originally Posted by AnnaK
Now i'm going to have to go read your original post. Welcome to the board!
me to did we miss something?????????????
point me to it...I think I missed it too
Old 02-17-2010, 06:25 AM

I was just reading it--and it was a great question. I've never entered a quilt show so didn't know any rules... but that's a crazy one. Kind of open to many shades of gray!

Don't apologize for a great question!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:55 AM

You started a topic about quilt show "rules" that some of us were not aware of, and at the same time started a lively discussion/debate. I didn't read into it at all that you were going to try to "slip by" the judges, you were just posing the question to the group. No apology needed!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:29 AM

OMG I hope you didnt lose sleep over this. Everyone has an opinion, everyone has a thought and everyone has the 'right' answer. In the end the only one it should matter to is you. I think its sweet of you to offer an apology but for me (and yes I had read the thread that brought this one on).. your over worrying... you didnt offend me. You asked a legit question and truth be told I would have bet money more would have gone for it than would openly admit. Everyone is righteous in print. Just know that you would have been still held by open arms regardless of your decision. No one of us is capable of casting judgement and owning that right (unless of course they were given papers upon birth stating this). Its between you and yours.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

you did not offend me. i can't think why they would have such a rule anyway but i guess they must set some sort of rules and they picked that as one. every contest is a bit different.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:02 AM

I think you were really sweet to offer an apology but in my opinion, it wasn't needed. You said in your post that you "weren't planning on entering anything" and were just posting a question. I think all contests have to have rules of some kind. Our state fair quilt entries have to have been completed within the last two years. I think they would just have to go on the honor system unless the judges had seen it entered somewhere else. I was told the age of the fabric could not be considered because quilters, by nature, use fabrics that they may have had for many years. Like others have said, we all have to live with our decisions. Personally, I'm too much of a rule follower to cheat at anything. Eventually I will have to account for my actions so it's easier for me to just follow the rules. I think the question was an excellent one and she may have felt some of the answers were a bit harsh, but when someone asks a question, I feel they have to respect all the answers. She is a very caring person to take the time is issue the apology. I think everyone should enter a contest at one time or another. The judges are very caring in their remarks and it is a great learning experience. The state or county fairs are a great place to start and are less intimidating than a quilt guild show. Good luck.
Wendy