Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My apology to all those I may have offended

I seem to have ruffled some feathers and I would like to apologize and explain. The question on "SHOULD I ENTER MY QUILT?" I am not and was not going to enter a quilt. The husband and I were discussing the possibility of entering. He asked the question, how do they know when you finished a quilt? I would not ever cheat, ever,I am not that kind of person. I was raised to be honest and expect others to be honest. I so want to be a part of this community of other quilters that I asked a stupid question just wanting to start a conversation. So in conclusion, please except my apology and do not judge me on this topic alone. Thank you all for your comments and honesty!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I understand where you are coming from. I often wonder how many rules are followed in things like that. No offense taken here.

Have a hug ((Justok))

No apologies needed here...every post presents each of us with an opportunity to think and organize our own thoughts...hey, you ARE a part of the community...a contributing part! Thanks for sharing and for caring!

Blog Entries
    This is a great place to get opinions and that really is what you were looking for. I don't think you ruffled any feathers, but you sure got a lot of opinions!

Move forward, it's all good. Giving you {{cyber hugs}}

No apology needed. I have often wondered about the same thing myself!

Your husband did ask a good question. I don't judge, only give opinions. I seem to have lots of those! LOL
    I do think you should make a quilt to enter at sometime, because I'm not brave enough to do it, so you can for us both.

New York State, but I will always be Canadian!
    Your question was a legitimate one that I am sure several people have asked themselves. Not only was it a conversation starter, but it also caused us to look at our own morals and determine whether we would be able to do this. I know for myself, it was a conversation starter for myself and my hubby later that night!
    No worries! As I've discovered, this forum is full of supportive, encouraging, non-judgemental, *squishy-warm-fuzzy-inducing* Ladies and Gentlemen!

Blog Entries
    I was commenting on what some others had said...."who would know", that type of thing. That would not be honest. I wouldn't assume you or anyone else were planning on doing anything against the rules. As far as I was concerned it was a "theoretical" discussion. No harm, no offense taken. You are welcome to join us!!!

Ok, i'll admit it, I thought you were asking the question because you really wanted to enter your quilt. I'm relieved to know that wasn't the case.

No apologies nessecary.

Blog Entries
    i'll admit i thought the question was a bit odd, but it wasn't offensive. i read every response and didn't get the feeling anybody was offended.

a few might have sounded a wee bit judgemental and ... er ... um ... self-riteous ... but i'll betcha dimes to donuts that wasn't the authors' intent. ;-)

chillaaaaax, kiddo. if somebody was offended, she/he should go get a life. :hunf: :wink: :lol:

Your apology is very thoughtful, and as you can see you will love being a part of this "family".

I wasn't at all offended and your question got lots of good resposes. At least you have enough nerve to enter a quilt in a show. I still haven't tried it.

Blog Entries
    I think too many jumped the gun thinking you were not wanting to follow the quilt show rules. I say enter the quilt and I hope you win a ribbon.

i aagree with 7x you get lots of oppinions when you ask a ?? and they dont know why you asked it but it made people think
    hugs
    Nancy

No worries! You are very sweet to care. We'll always stand beside you and be your fans. Keep making your beauties and let us know when you have a ribbon. And even if you don't win any ribbons, we'll still love your quilts! So let's see pictures!

Blog Entries
    No apology needed, you just had a ? and we are here to let your know how we feel. We are one big happy family and if we have a ? we should post it and some may not agree with what we say or offer. Have a great day!

You take care of yourself! Happy Quilting!

Karen

I'm not offended. My quilts have so far sat under my bed and I'm starting to wonder if I don't enter them soon will I not be able to because they'll be too old. The only one who will ever get to enjoy them are the dust bunnies!

Blog Entries
    Now i'm going to have to go read your original post. Welcome to the board!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK
    Now i'm going to have to go read your original post. Welcome to the board!
    me to did we miss something?????????????

I just read the whole other post. I think you started a really good conversation about an ethical question. Don't apologize, say "You're Welcome"

Not offended at all.

I dont think it was offensive....and it is sweet of you to think to apologize.

Margie

I was not offended. I just stated my opinion. I did think you were asking because you wanted to enter. However, it does offer a valid question as to how old an entry is and how they determine the age or if it is based purely on the honor system. As others brought up too, they should clarify some things such as age of fabric. Sorry, if my response seemed harsh, didn't mean to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast