Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: My Iron Recommendation (for what it's worth!!)

Rowenta's don't leak if filled with the correct water, people just use 100% distilled water which in the manual tell you that causes it to leak. I use 50%tap and 50% distilled because I have hard water, and mine hasn't leaked in 6 years, but i do have one of the irons made in germany supposedly that makes a difference as well. I also have the auto shut off and mine heats up fast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
    Rowenta's don't leak if filled with the correct water, people just use 100% distilled water which in the manual tell you that causes it to leak. I use 50%tap and 50% distilled because I have hard water, and mine hasn't leaked in 6 years, but i do have one of the irons made in germany supposedly that makes a difference as well. I also have the auto shut off and mine heats up fast
    I hadn't heard about the 50/50 rule. My Rowenta instructions say DO NOT use distilled water but use spring water without minerals instead. I guess it's like you say--depends on where the iron is made since lots of people swear by the distilled water. :D

I bought a Rowenta at Savers for $5.50 and it leaks so have to use it dry. I really like the way it handles and irons.
    I bought the Rowenta travel iron new and love it. I like to use it with steam but it runs out of water fast.
    Savers is a great place to buy used irons and they have a testing station to make sure they work. Of course you wont know if the steam works but for what you pay its worth the risk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3