Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cordless Iron Recommendation

Cordless Iron Recommendation

I have decided that I would like a cordless iron. I have been searching diligently through various sites regarding the pro's and con's of different models.

I would like one that is:
    quick to charge
    large water reservoir
    NO auto shut off

The weight, color, brand, etc. don't matter to me.

Do you have a cordless iron you absolutely love and meets the criteria I am looking for? Why would you recommend it?

TIA

I have the Panasonic brand, but it has an auto shut off. I'm glad for that feature, because I've left my corded iron on countless times by mistake! I like mine very well for various reasons, but it wouldn't be what you are looking for on account of it's auto shut off feature. I haven't tried other models.

I also have Panasonic and I think it has the auto shut off but I've never left it long enough to find out. But I will say that I don't ever intend to buy another one with a cord; so convenient!
    Jan

I really like the corded/cordless design. I was lucky with my last iron, it was a Black and Decker and it lasted many, many years.

Blog Entries
    Jordan Fabrics use a wonderful iron. I don't know if they sell one or tell u about it.

Blog Entries
    I purchased a Sunbeam at WalMart for $7 on clearance. It works great. I never put water in my irons, just use a spray bottle instead -- sometimes water, sometimes Best Press.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    I have a Panasonic and it is pointed at both ends (maybe all of them are) and I love it because of sewing my seams open.
    Aurora, I so agree with what Robert A. Heinlein says.

I have the Panasonic iron. While it does have the auto shutoff, it takes less than two minutes to reheat. I love it!

I purchased the Panasonic cordless iron last November and I love it! The reservoir is not large and it does have an automatic shutoff but ... it is wonderful. I would never go back to another iron with a cord. I also have issues with my hand and the cordless iron is so great for that. I'm not constantly putting the iron in an upright position and moving my wrist up to put it down. It has saved so much stress on my hands. Purchase one, you won't regret it.
    Donnamarie

Blog Entries
    are these the small iron that I seen on a quilt viedo having problem with hands also would like to know where to look for the small one if battery thanks
    Evelyn

I also love the Panosonic cordless iron ! I will never be without one again. It significantly lowers my hand, elbow pain. It reheats quickly too.

The Panasonic Cordless iron is on my Christmas list. I was shopping for pricing today online, and see that there are a few to choose from....the 600, the 602, and the 607 is stated to be "Advanced".

Any suggestions? I am more concerned about getting the best one, rather than choosing by color or price.

I can't find any specification difference between the 600/602 and the Advanced 607. Appreciate your help!

Last year Walmart was clearancing out all the cordless Panosonic Ni l70SRW irons. Employee had no idea why. I bought all on the shelf at two Walmarts for $19.99 each. My sewing group each got one for Christmas last year. As far as I know they are all working fine, no leaking. These were the older models.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

What a great Walmart find!! Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    Last year Walmart was clearancing out all the cordless Panosonic Ni l70SRW irons. Employee had no idea why. I bought all on the shelf at two Walmarts for $19.99 each. My sewing group each got one for Christmas last year. As far as I know they are all working fine, no leaking. These were the older models.
    What a wonderful gift to your quilting friends!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson