Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: my sympathies for Canadian quilters.

I am also a Canadian but live in Northern Canada where the nearest quilt shop is 3 hr drive away and the nearest Walmarts are either a 8 or 14 hour drive away. I do alot of on-line shopping from the US or when we do a trip to Alberta. Average price per yard at the Quilt Shops is about $18/meter and about $8/meter at Walmart.

Blog Entries
    Just came back from our local Walmart and they have very little fabric left. I know they were cutting back on the dept. What they do have is mostly really poor quality and not worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by costumegirl
    Just came back from our local Walmart and they have very little fabric left. I know they were cutting back on the dept. What they do have is mostly really poor quality and not worth the money.
    That is just like our Wal Marts .. I never did buy fabric there as it was as you say, very poor quality, but they were the only place that sold the real Pellon ... I'd go for thread and patterns usually ... apparently the new Wal Marts don't even have a fabric section .. what's the world coming to.

Toby

Hello, do not be since they are the soils in the USA here in Spain also are very low, I receive 1000 Euros a month and if I was not for the pension of my husband, I might have good quality of life. So much it is so I buy the fabrics in the USA since there the most expensive for Amy Butler of 9,50 dollars to the change in Euros it compensates so here this fabric sells of 17 Euros, which to the change it would be at least 20 dollars.
    Entendeis for which I buy there? Though he pays 25 dollars of freightages, it compensates me.

Regards

Carmen
    Spain

It is hard down here too! LQS sells stuff at $20 - $26 per metre. I do mail order with others and we share the cost.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8