Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Three Year Old Grandson >

My Three Year Old Grandson

My Three Year Old Grandson

Old 06-21-2011, 02:19 PM

I spoke with Payton today on the phone and he said he "was going to work and that his boss was waiting for him" his "great grammy was going to drop him off down the block for a hot dog and then he was going to work"

this little fella makes me smile. Last week he said, "Grandmom I want you to mail me something" I said, "what?" he said a "doggie" when I told him I can't mail doggies in the mail he settled on a skate board. Of course I told PaPa about the conversation so guess what is heading out in the mail.

Then he was eating an english muffin and said, "mmmm delicious"

don't you just love grandchildren? they say the cutest things.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

Still working on my children, but I agree. They do say the cutest things
Old 06-21-2011, 02:23 PM

Ahhh, so sweet. :)
Old 06-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Power Poster

Well, I love your story but my grands only say Meow and Ruff Ruff LOL :D
Old 06-21-2011, 02:52 PM

Little ones are so funny! Doesn't sound like he's spoiled at all. ;-)
Old 06-21-2011, 02:56 PM

My youngest one is 8 years old and he is spending the summer with me and I am loving every minute of it, my son his dad passed away 18 months ago and he lives with his other grandmother but he spends a lot of time with me. They are so precious and they grow up so fast my oldest one is 31 Hard to believe
Old 06-21-2011, 03:05 PM

Well Grandma, I think you do need to send me a doggie - a fabric doggie. Now you just have to decide how to send the doggie - blanket, lovie, backpack, tote bag ?????????

EDITED TO ADD - Our next door neighbor in North Carolina had a little boy JD who will be 4 in August. They moved into their house when JD was 7 months old. After we moved, we hired his mom to do a deep clean of the house before we put it on the market. Everytime they drive by our house, JD tells his mom that "we can come home now, our house is clean and ready. When are they coming home?" I really miss all of the kiddos that I had in my life daily in North Carolina. I think that has been the hardest part.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by jean1941
My youngest one is 8 years old and he is spending the summer with me and I am loving every minute of it, my son his dad passed away 18 months ago and he lives with his other grandmother but he spends a lot of time with me. They are so precious and they grow up so fast my oldest one is 31 Hard to believe
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. But very happy that you get to spend quality time with your grandson. My boys are 30 and 31. They do grow up fast. Especially since I haven't aged :-)
Old 06-21-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by jrhboxers
Well Grandma, I think you do need to send me a doggie - a fabric doggie. Now you just have to decide how to send the doggie - blanket, lovie, backpack, tote bag ?????????
He has gotten two quilts from Grandmom - one Florida Gator's quilt and then Thomas the Train. He can't decide which to sleep with so he uses both on his bed. Just cracks me up.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:18 PM

Oh this is so funny..we just had our dear little 4 year old grandson here with his daddy (our son) for supper tonight. We have aquariums and one of the fish jumped up and hit the cover of the tank..and our little one said..oh that had to hurt..he just gonked his head. lolol Kids are the best..