Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Three-year-old's Response to Quilt

Three-year-old's Response to Quilt

This proves that every quilt doesn't have to qualify for THE QUILT SHOW.

I made my three-year-old granddaughter a simple quilt. When her daddy held it up for her to see, she really looked it over. Then she exclaimed, "It's amazing!" And off she went to bed with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Material MiMi

That's the best response to a quilt! Warms your heart!

And you can always count and total honesty from those sweet young ones - she said it all!!!!
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

Several years ago, I was showing my SIL and several other relatives the quilt tops I had made. I told them to pick one each and I would finish the quilt and it would be theirs. A niece's daughter, who was 6 or 7 at the time, whispered to her mother, who immediately said "You have to ask." She turned to me and pointed to the only "kid" type quilt I had and sweetly asked if she could have it. I told her she would have to pay me for it, then smiled and said the cost was a kiss and a hug. She flew into my arms and gave me one of the best hugs and biggest kisses I had ever gotten from a child, bar none. She carried that quilt with her the rest of the weekend and, according to her mom, still has it on her bed at home.

Blog Entries
    I made my granddaughter a quillow to take to college. She wore it out and needed another. I have made her a total of three now. Uses the pocket part to put feet and cover up with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingmimipj View Post
    This proves that every quilt doesn't have to qualify for THE QUILT SHOW.

I made my three-year-old granddaughter a simple quilt. When her daddy held it up for her to see, she really looked it over. Then she exclaimed, "It's amazing!" And off she went to bed with it.

WTG, Grandma and Granddaughter!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I love this thread! Heart Warming and oh so true!

Thank you all. I would like for it to have been something outstanding, but to her- it was.
    Material MiMi

Very pretty quilt and a great response!

Love this story!!! and great quilt.

Your quilt was so cute, and her response was just precious!

How sweet!
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

I had made my two nephews and niece each a simple nine patch quilt for their beds when they came to visit. They were 4,6,and 7 and at the time. They absolutely adored them. Now the youngest nephew who is 26, still snuggles with it while watching television. My sister told me he still loves it. I think it is time for a new one!

I love the original story and the others that people have been posting! I made an Attic Windows I Spy for a 3-yr-old little boy who recently got a baby sister. When he opened the package he said, "Is this mine? All mine? Just for me?". He won't allow anyone else to touch it.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Terrific quilt, and her honest answer= priceless! Great job grandma!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    That response made it outstanding! Cute quilt and a child's loving and brief way of showing gratitude! My DGS never had a lot to say, but always had a big hug and still has every quilt I have made for him. Even asked me on my last visit if I could repair his Harry Potter quilt. He is now 20 and the quilt has to be at least 10 yrs old and loved to the point of being threadbare!! I had to explain that there wasn't much left to fix! (It was still on his bed!!)

Those smiles and hugs certainly warm our hearts don't they?

I love all of these stories! Thanks for sharing.
    Since I gain weight reading cookbooks, why can't I lose weight watching a fitness program?

Power Poster
    It IS a great quilt! There are jaw dropping masterpieces at Quilt shows but a quilt made with love to use, is the BEST quilt to me.

MiMi - Your quilt is darling! Since your GD loves it, that's what matters most, right?

Cyndy K

that is the best response! I love making my kids quilts. One of my first I made for my son for his 7th bday. He is turning 15 in a few weeks and still sleeps with it. My middle son requested a one last year for his bday so thats what he got and he sleeps with it every night. I'll have to make him a bigger one in a few years. He was very specific about the size he wanted it and the pattern lol. My daughter has outgrown the one I made for her when she was 3,she's 7 now and that one is too short to cover her all the way now. She asked for a new one that is bigger so it will fit her a long time

Love that quilt. I have made 4 quilts with that pattern and love that pattern. I made one with green Monkey fabric and brown fabric and it looks 'awesome". My granddaughter is 3 1/2 and I have made her 4 quilts already. She loves the "blankets" I make for her and is very excited. She lives in CO and I give her one every time they come here (MN) for a visit and she looks forward to getting a new one each time. So far, I have not used this pattern for a quilt for her--maybe will have to use this pattern for the next one I make for her. I also use this pattern for making Charity quilts as it is a quick, simple pattern.

That is a precious response and keeps us doing what we do. Thank you everyone for sharing.

Sometimes kids like the simple ones best!
    Some adults too.
    My BFF loves to make the art type wall hangings, but for sleeping under she wants simple. She says she couldn't go to sleep with too dark, too bright, or too complicated.

Kids say the cutest things! When my son was 4, he was on a big word kick. He tried to use "big words" in his sentences. He was also a foodie! Still is, as he's a professional chef.

Well, we were at my mothers for Sunday dinner and she made his favorite dish. When dinner was done, she asked him how it was, and he responded "Nana, it was disquisite".

He meant to say "exquisite", but the "disquisite" just stuck, and how we use it as a joke word in our family to mean something is awesome!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast