Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Three-year-old's Response to Quilt >

Three-year-old's Response to Quilt

Three-year-old's Response to Quilt

Old 08-02-2013, 10:07 AM

that is the best response! I love making my kids quilts. One of my first I made for my son for his 7th bday. He is turning 15 in a few weeks and still sleeps with it. My middle son requested a one last year for his bday so thats what he got and he sleeps with it every night. I'll have to make him a bigger one in a few years. He was very specific about the size he wanted it and the pattern lol. My daughter has outgrown the one I made for her when she was 3,she's 7 now and that one is too short to cover her all the way now. She asked for a new one that is bigger so it will fit her a long time
Old 08-02-2013, 10:12 AM

Love that quilt. I have made 4 quilts with that pattern and love that pattern. I made one with green Monkey fabric and brown fabric and it looks 'awesome". My granddaughter is 3 1/2 and I have made her 4 quilts already. She loves the "blankets" I make for her and is very excited. She lives in CO and I give her one every time they come here (MN) for a visit and she looks forward to getting a new one each time. So far, I have not used this pattern for a quilt for her--maybe will have to use this pattern for the next one I make for her. I also use this pattern for making Charity quilts as it is a quick, simple pattern.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:36 AM

That is a precious response and keeps us doing what we do. Thank you everyone for sharing.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:47 AM

Sometimes kids like the simple ones best!
Some adults too.
My BFF loves to make the art type wall hangings, but for sleeping under she wants simple. She says she couldn't go to sleep with too dark, too bright, or too complicated.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:48 AM

Kids say the cutest things! When my son was 4, he was on a big word kick. He tried to use "big words" in his sentences. He was also a foodie! Still is, as he's a professional chef.

Well, we were at my mothers for Sunday dinner and she made his favorite dish. When dinner was done, she asked him how it was, and he responded "Nana, it was disquisite".

He meant to say "exquisite", but the "disquisite" just stuck, and how we use it as a joke word in our family to mean something is awesome!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:59 AM

I love these responses to my story. Just keep them coming.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:23 AM

My 8-yr-old great-niece loves to come over to spend the night at our house. She likes to go thru the quilts I've made to pick out one to sleep under for the night. Of course, here in Ala., it's too hot right now for quilts and it's usually kicked off during the night, but I just love for her to go thru them to decide! Oh, and the other day, I had one on my design wall, and she was re-arranging my blocks into a more 8-yr-old pleasing arrangement, and my DH came in and started showing her another choice. She pulled me to the side and complained about her uncle messing up her work..........
Old 08-03-2013, 03:00 AM

Oh, that's the very best compliment ever, what a sweetie, melted grams heart. And she is only 3??
Old 08-03-2013, 03:55 AM

Love this thread!!! My grandson calls the quilts I have made him over the years "love quilts." He will be 16 this October...time sure flies.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:28 AM

I don't know how to edit a thread. I should have added this: She also said, "All the colors of the rainbow." And then pointed to her favorite - purple.