Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Three-year-old's Response to Quilt >

Three-year-old's Response to Quilt

Three-year-old's Response to Quilt

Old 08-03-2013, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
My 8-yr-old great-niece loves to come over to spend the night at our house. She likes to go thru the quilts I've made to pick out one to sleep under for the night. Of course, here in Ala., it's too hot right now for quilts and it's usually kicked off during the night, but I just love for her to go thru them to decide! Oh, and the other day, I had one on my design wall, and she was re-arranging my blocks into a more 8-yr-old pleasing arrangement, and my DH came in and started showing her another choice. She pulled me to the side and complained about her uncle messing up her work..........
Love all these great stories, but this one just made me chuckle. I can just see your niece now, frustrated with her uncle messing up all the work she had done!!

They always say from the mouths of babes and that is so true. I love their honesty, when they tell you how great it is, then it really is great.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Amythyst02 View Post
Love all these great stories, but this one just made me chuckle. I can just see your niece now, frustrated with her uncle messing up all the work she had done!!

They always say from the mouths of babes and that is so true. I love their honesty, when they tell you how great it is, then it really is great.
What made this so funny, was that she had messed up MY work, and she was sooo serious about her uncle messing up HER work.........I love this thread, and I just LOVE the original poster's DGD's response to her quilt, it was priceless!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

When I get any response from a young one and so small as that, it's my best compliment. They don't look for perfection. That is really the only award I care about. Nothing else matters1
Old 08-03-2013, 05:06 AM

Cute story! Kids, just love them!
Old 08-03-2013, 05:11 AM

Bless the grandchildren. I made my granddaughter a quilt when she graduated from high school. She took it to college. She's in her Junior year now and said she's going to keep using it. I thought by now she'd tire of it. It's so nice to have someone who appreciates all the love that went into the quilt.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:26 AM

That says it all, the most rewarding response one could ever want.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:32 AM

out of the mouths of babes. I have an autistic neice, and I made her a chicken quilt, it doesn't leave her sight, it's her snuggle.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:33 AM

Your quilt is amazing and your GD is extra amazing
Old 08-03-2013, 06:04 AM

Your quilt is amazing and so are children. To me it is much for gratifying to receive a response like this, than a blue ribbon at a quilt show.
When our DGD was just starting to recognize her letters I wanted to make her a name banner that would help her learn how to spell her name. When my son was putting her to bed one night shortly after hanging the banner he asked her each letter in turn. Once he was finished he asked her if she knew what it spelled. She replied, "It spells: Nana loves you very much." I couldn't have asked for a better compliment!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

And that makes it all worth while doesn't it? I'm always thrilled when I make a quilt for a little one and they hug it, then take it to bed to sleep.