Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My WallyWorld "mishap" >

My WallyWorld "mishap"

My WallyWorld "mishap"

Old 07-12-2010, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by sewlady31
comment to 1-800-WALMART. give that a try and see what happens then.
You'd think that would be the thing to do.
But sadly our area Shop Hop groups, 15 stores and some guilds and bees, all did that several years ago when this whole remodel/throw out the fabrics thing started, and we were told that WalMart always listens to their customers and that customer opinions were valued.

Did not stop the fabric going away.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:22 AM

About three months ago I was in our last remaining Walmart that carries fabric. There were two of us with bolts of material and no sales clerk...After waiting about 5 minutes (we didn't have a bell to ring) I picked up the phone and over the loudspeaker asked for a manager to come to fabrics. Eventually someone came after I called a second time. I then handed her the bolt and told her since they obviously did not want to sell any she could restock it at her convenience. I then left. The other gal got some backbone and did the same thing. I'm sure we were considered rude by her, but my money spends where the company appreciates it.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 AM

You are right about the remodel.
We no longer have any Walmart that sells fabric, patterns, or any finding. The entire department is 1/2 section of shelving. I have been pretty successful at finding material on line, and I rely on Hobby Lobby for sundry items. The "quilt" stores are mostly out of my price bracket unless it is a really good clearance. Of course, I have enough fabric to last me two lifetimes...but...
Old 07-12-2010, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Nona
Of course, I have enough fabric to last me two lifetimes...but...
Ha! Me too!! It'll be in my will!!
So I guess I'm not sure what I'm complaining about... But on the other hand, you know when you start a new project, you'll just natcherly have to go find some additional fabs to go with what you pull from your stash...!!!

Old 07-12-2010, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
Rapture you can tell we are both gutsy Illinois girls ! I was born and raised there . I moved to Va in 1982 and people here just have that wait till I get there thing going on . The older I get the more impatient I get . Oops told on myself ! Walmart has tried my patience so many times , I don't want to count them . Annie
Annie I lived in Allentown,PA for 18 years before moving down to the Winchester, VA. It took me three if not four years to get use to how slow some places are. I use to have to joke about taking my 2 patient pill a day. They are / were my quiet and prayer time before leaving the house. I understand your pain. Now I have been six years and gotten use to it. :lol:
Old 07-12-2010, 09:12 AM

I have actually seen people cut their own fabric because they got tired of waiting.Not sure how it went at the check out but hey they should do their job
Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 AM

I think that is the reason Walmart no longer sells fabric at most stores. They think they don't sell enough. HELLO!!!!! Try getting someone back there to CUT it.

Once a friend of mine cut her own fabric after waiting 15 min and ringing the bell to no avail. She didn't know how to use that hand held thing they use to put the price ticket on it. When she handed it to the gal at the register up front...with no price tag attatched, she told them she cut it herself since no help was back there. Only then, did the manager come up to check on it. She got her fabric...think the manager got a clue??

I once waited about 20 min and rang the bell 4 times and a guy working in the fishing dept cut it for me. Walmart is slipping, big time.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:29 AM

My WM only has people cut fabric that know how to measure and cut fabric, which is a good thing, I think.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:43 AM

Oh, no don't put your name and phone number to the note.

I made that mistake over a handicap parking space. The lady that parked in it, nearly ran into the store after she had parked. I left her a note stating I hoped she never really needed this handicap parking space and hoped she would have been more considerate to the ones that did actually need it. (My husband is handicapped, so this is a touchy subject with me!)

I had only left my name. She hunted me down and called me that afternoon and cussed me out and said she was going to swear out a harassement charge on me; and she did.

The officer called me at work and asked me to turn myself in that there was a warrant for my arrest for harrassement. I explained to the officer the whole story and how she had called me and cussed me and that I wanted a counter-harrassement claim. I am in tears calling my husband to get bail started, then go and tell my boss; while crying.....the officer calls me back and said all charges were dropped. By this time I was mad and asked why? The officer said she was afraid after he had explained how my husband was handicapped, that she might have to verify that she was indeed handicapped enough to have the priviledge of parking in handicap. The officer said, "Madame, don't ever sign your name to it!"

It has been several years since then and it is funny now, but never even having a parking ticket this was un-nerving!

Karen,
Alabama
Old 07-12-2010, 09:44 AM

I've been in WM's where the put a relief person back there, you know to cover breaks, that was totaly clueless as to how to cut fabric. I had to show her and then someone came back and asked what was going on.I told them they put someone back here that didn't know how to cut fabric, they should at least show them how if they were going to have them relieve people in the fabric department.