Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My WallyWorld "mishap" >

My WallyWorld "mishap"

My WallyWorld "mishap"

Old 07-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Power Poster

LOL reminds me of the time I rang the bell and rang the bell nothing... so I picked up the phone and started calling numbers off the list taped to the phone :shock: Oh My there were not amused :roll: But I finally got my fabric cut :thumbup:

But in all fairness that is the exception, usually I have very good luck there :lol:
Old 07-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Google Goddess

rofl

Originally Posted by sharon b
LOL reminds me of the time I rang the bell and rang the bell nothing... so I picked up the phone and started calling numbers off the list taped to the phone :shock: Oh My there were not amused :roll: But I finally got my fabric cut :thumbup:

But in all fairness that is the exception, usually I have very good luck there :lol:
Old 07-10-2010, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Not at Walmart, but have at other stores. I'm onery. One time I got on their phone and called for help...over the INTERCOM!!! ROL! another time, in the old days when they had cash registers, I hit the enter button tha causes the cash drawer to open.....trust me, in both cases I got help FAST!

I so want to take you to lunch. I think we'd get along fine.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Power Poster

Cut it yourself and leave it on the table. When you come back it will be wrapped and tagged and tossed in the remnant bin.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Cut it yourself and leave it on the table. When you come back it will be wrapped and tagged and tossed in the remnant bin.
LOL! You guys are on a roll tonight!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
You are soooo right LOL...our store still has fabric, but the 2 little ladies (bless their hearts) cutting fabric can hardly hold the scissors, much less cut at the speed needed to keep customers happy...and the gun NEVER works. I feel bad for them, so I try to be as patient as I can be.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:41 AM

If they don't make enough money at the fabrics then they will wait you for a while. In my opinion 7 minutes is not very long. Where I live sometimes you have to wait longer. If I don't have any more patient I go find a clerk by myself.
I also have family in Greece, there you have to wait sometimes even longer, it depends on the store you are in.

But I totally agree that waiting in a store is very annoying. I don't want to spend my money there and also waiting before I can spend it.

Doglover, I love it that you call them by phone! :))
Old 07-11-2010, 12:48 AM

I have a voice that REALLY carries and I've embarrassed my DD to death by standing in the fabric department and yelling, "I'm a customer and I need help in fabric." I wait a few minutes and then yell, "I'm still waiting, I need fabric cut." A few minutes later I yell, "I'm going to cut the fabric myself." I actually did cut my own one day before the woman got there. She had to measure everything and wasn't real happy with me but I told her that I had waited too long and couldn't wait any longer for some help.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:22 AM

I seem to be lucky. Knowing there's no one there after 10:00pm.
I went in looking for some much needed fabric to finish my project. There was three gals in another department just around the corner.
Now it is not the measuring and cutting that is difficult. It's the pricing. that throws them off. Any way this one she should the other two how to price the material. And they were very pleasant. In fact we joked and carried on for quite a few mintues while each took a turn at measuring the fabric.
Again I guess I was lucky.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:24 AM
Banned

Rapture you can tell we are both gutsy Illinois girls ! I was born and raised there . I moved to Va in 1982 and people here just have that wait till I get there thing going on . The older I get the more impatient I get . Oops told on myself ! Walmart has tried my patience so many times , I don't want to count them . Annie