Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My WallyWorld "mishap" >

My WallyWorld "mishap"

My WallyWorld "mishap"

Old 07-11-2010, 01:50 AM

A few years ago ( when ours still had fabric)
another woman and I stood for over 20 minutes waiting ang ringing while in the next dept over well within eyesight of us, the manager held one of their prep talk,yeh,yeh go walmart meetings!
My husband was really po'ed and complained very loadly at the service desk and sent a complaint to corporate.
But this is why they don't have fabric don't want to pay to staff certain areas(no fish in pets, no one to mix paint etc)
but they will staff with 3 people at all times in electronics!!!
Old 07-11-2010, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
Rapture you can tell we are both gutsy Illinois girls ! I was born and raised there . I moved to Va in 1982 and people here just have that wait till I get there thing going on . The older I get the more impatient I get . Oops told on myself ! Walmart has tried my patience so many times , I don't want to count them . Annie
And the older I get the worse I get. :lol: I'm at the point now where I just don't get too excited/upset over much of anything. It takes a LOT to push these old buttons. If they don't want to wait on me? That's okay, I'll do it myself. My mother was very outspoken and when I do something like that my brothers just shake their heads and say, "You've got too much mom in you."

Years ago we had a Zayre's store. In the fall they advertized that their flat fold Christmas fabrics were $1 a yard. Mom went in to get some and the woman told her it was a misprint, that they were $3 a yard. Mom argued with the woman and finally the woman picked up one piece (ugly) and said, "I'll sell you this one for $1 a yard, how much do you want?" Mom bought three yds and left. Dad was furious! He asked her why she let them treat her that way. She answered that she wasn't done with them. When she got home she called me at work, told me what happened and said, "Go get me some fabric." I did. I started laying stack after stack of fabric on the cutting table. The woman said, "Did you know that the ad was a misprint?" I said, "I'd heard that but since it's not posted anywhere in the store you have to sell me what I want at the listed price." We argued, she called the manager, we argued, I threatened to call my attorney, I got my way. I was there for HOURS picking out fabrics, taking my time making decisions, changing my mind, making her cut fabric. 219 yds later I said to the woman, "I'm going to buy this fabric but I don't really want it. There was an older woman here earlier today that you waited on. You picked out this piece of ugly red fabric and told her it was the only one she could buy. Well, I came in here just to let you know that NO ONE treats my momma like that and gets by with it. You should be ashamed of yourself for being so hateful." I kept some of it, gave well over half of it to mom. Years later when mom passed away my sisters and I split up her "Christmas stash". Try as she might, she never got around to using all of it. :lol: :lol:
Yes, Illinois grows some gutsy girls.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:04 AM

jacee kay wrote: "I had the same experience. I finally went to another department and asked for help. They paged overhead for help in fabrics. Another wait and finally I left."
------------------------------------------------------------

That has happened to me twice in the past month.

My biggest peeve with them is the long lineups with 1 or 2 cashiers working. One cashier told me that the reason for the lineups is that WM is only giving so many hours to each worker.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Banned

Rapture that was so funny lol. I have showed myself in Walmart so many times . It's a wonder they don't ban me from the store .

You should go for a job interview and see how they treat you ! I was treated like dirt . Afterwords I had a few choice words to say . They just look at me like I'm from Mars ! Annie
Old 07-11-2010, 02:50 AM
Administrator

poor or nonexistent customer service is fast becoming the norm no matter where we shop.

our local wallyworld also makes the fabric ladies work in other departments at the same time. i've learned where to look for them. :lol:

if nobody is there, i'll look until i start to feel too inconvenienced. the number of minutes varies according to my mood. if i find them, i get the fabs. if i don't i just leave.

i don't get upset about it. i know that the ladies would rather be available. i know that when they are there, or i can find them quickly, i'm going to get extremely good and friendly service. i just tell myself it's a sign that either (1) i shouldn't spend money on fabs that day, anyway; or (2) i'm going to find something better at a lower price the next time i shop-surf online.

i don't think this makes me a paragon of patience. trust me - i relate totally to the frustration the underserved posters have expressed. it's motivated purely by self-preservation. i'd rather leave feeling good about keeping my $$$ in pocket than with a cranky headache. :lol:
Old 07-11-2010, 03:12 AM

You know, I have never been treated like that at my Walmart in the fabric department. If I were, I would be inclined to go to Customer Service on my way out and have a manager paged, and vent. If that didn't help I would have another manager paged. They want to waste my time I can waste theirs too and they would still loose the sale.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:29 AM

I have had that same experience. I just left my bolts on the table. Maybe they will get a hint!
Old 07-11-2010, 03:39 AM

Call the STORE manager today and see if the DEPARTMENT manager received your note.

I'm sure the store manager would be interested. If not, then get his regional manager.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:42 AM

I like the idea of using my cell phone to call the store - numerous times, if necessary. AND I like the idea of continuous ringing of the bell if necessary.... both after waiting a reasonable amount of time - maybe 2 - 3 minutes after ringing the bell ONE time... I'm sure they are just trying to discourage customers in the fabric dept so they have an excuse to close them down... they've lost me as a customer altogether because of it... oh well... plenty more I guess.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
Rapture you can tell we are both gutsy Illinois girls ! I was born and raised there . . Annie
Yes, Illinois grows some gutsy girls.
"Gutsy Girls from Illinois" - I Love It!

I also think it's life's 'negative' experiences that toughen us up.