Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Need advice - I want to make a photo memory quilt wall hanging but no bigger than 36x36 - Any pattern ideas???

This is one that I did for a dear friend of ours who lost his dog after 13 years. (He never married and had no children so Saby was his child LOL) I made this when I first started quilting. I purchased the photo package at Wal Mart and it had instructions in the package. Good Luck

This picture was taken before I quilted it. I just did meander and didn't quilt on the photos
    Name:  Attachment-175559.jpe
Views: 47
Size:  64.0 KB

Banned
    gorgeous quilts :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagsd3
    Here are a couple I have done, but did not use a pattern with either of them. Just laid them out and went to work.

One is of a 3D shoot my guys went on, the second was made for a couple the host and teach the 4-H archery in our area, and the 3rd was for my folks 50th anniversary using border fabrics.

Banned
    oh my gosh that is a very nice thing for you to do for him. Dogs can be your children. I agree with that. I tell people I have 2.5 kids (because the dog is so tiny I call her the .5 child) lol :)
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkie
    This is one that I did for a dear friend of ours who lost his dog after 13 years. (He never married and had no children so Saby was his child LOL) I made this when I first started quilting. I purchased the photo package at Wal Mart and it had instructions in the package. Good Luck

the other day someone posted a quilt of a baby in many photos that were all placed in n"film strips". It was wonderful and very original. Maybe she will read this and resend...or check your blog postings for the last week for it.

Banned
    wow, I would really like to see that one :)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie17
    the other day someone posted a quilt of a baby in many photos that were all placed in n"film strips". It was wonderful and very original. Maybe she will read this and resend...or check your blog postings for the last week for it.

Quote Originally Posted by thequiltmama
    YES YES YES... thanks. that is what I want to do with it I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyjanedoe
    That is a very attractive quilt as is. I would imagine that it could be adapted to fit your pictures with a moderate amount of dimension changes.

How about something like this? I sewed vinyl to it & you can change out the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by VickiM
    How about something like this? I sewed vinyl to it & you can change out the pics.
    That is sooooo cool Vicki! Smart too for the picture changes.

You might want to use a signature block. There are several sites that I use to get pattern ideas. Here is one. You might want to bookmark it for future projects.

http://www.quiltbus.com/free-quilt-blocks.htm

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4