Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help with FMQ please

Blog Entries

Need help with FMQ please

I have started quilting(my first FMQ)by the way, my Got A Feeling by Abbey Lane Quilts. I posted it when I finished piecing a while back. My question, it has 6 large flowers, the petals measuring 5 inches across. I am quilting the background between the flowers with what I hope will look like swirls and pebbles. Should I quilt the flowers and if so how should I quilt them? It is just a practice quilt and boy does it show. But, I am so glad I broke the ice and jumped in. I am having a blast with it. Lots of laughs too. Thanks for any advice.
    Joy

I took a look online at the pattern, and it looks really fun! I would quilt a simple line 1/4" around the inside of each petal and then 1/4" away from the center circle. Would love to see a photo of yours.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

There are tons of designs. Pebbling looks cool and so does a spiral. Making the veins of the leaves would be cool.