Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help pricing a vintage machine

Recently my father--in-law passed away & we need to sell the contents of his house. There is an old Domestic sewing machine in its cabinet that I have no idea on how to price it for sale. The machine hasn't been used in many years, so would need to be tuned up & oiled. The cabinet has some scratches, but is in decent condition. The original accessories & owners manual are all there. The front of the cabinet pulls out to reveal a seat for sewing & there are 2 drawers under the seat. Any ideas on what to ask for this? Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I just sold a cabinet like that with a Kenmore machine in it for $75. I had never seen another parlor cabinet like it. I know they should go for more than I sold it for. Good luck with your sale.

Maybe you could look on e-bay and see what they are selling for. That cabinet looks unique.

The cabinet is cute and appears in good shape. I would think $45-$100 in our area Craig's List.

Blog Entries
    In my area that machine (without the cabinet), would probably go for 120 on up.

These crinkle finish Domestics seem common as toast around here (DFW) but the cabinet is unusual and quirky and I would pay $100 just for the cabinet.

I saw one here that was similar with some other brand in it (I think it was Kenmore) but it sold for $35 or $50 or something really cheap and I missed getting it by minutes.

I've seen four or five cabinets similar to this and I think they're adorable - plus yours looks to be in great shape. :)

Thanks "sew" much! This is in New Jersey. . . the land of very few fabric stores. I want to price it fairly & need to sell quickly. Any NJ sewers interested? Please PM me your phone number & I will call you.

I have a machine just like that. I paid $20.00.

I think the value is more in the cabinet then the machine in this case. Maybe take another picture and open it up showing the chair and the drawers. The cabinet is very ncie and people could possibly put another machine in it or just use it as a cabinet.

No good on pricing. Ebay has a lot of machines. Check there. But why not keep it for yourself if it is allowable. I just have a thing for older machines. They sew so smooth and quite.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast