Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need to know what vender will send samples. >

Need to know what vender will send samples.

Need to know what vender will send samples.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:56 PM

I've gotten swatches of upholstery from fabric.com, they are 8" swatches. I don't think they offer swatches of all the quilting fabrics, however.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:01 PM

when I want a fabric to go with something and I am ordering online, I try to select something from the same fabric line / designer that I have used in my quilt. I don't think I am wording that well but say I have a charm pack of "twinkle all" by so-and-so and mixed it with other fabrics - I can look at some of those charms and get a good indication of what the blue tone on tone from "twinkle all" will be.

I do the same thing if I find charm packs on sale - I will immediately look for a couple half yard pieces of the same fabric line on sale so that even if I don't make anything with it for awhile I have an assortment that will work.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

If you already have favorite webs sites look under their store policy and see if they mention samples.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:40 PM
Power Poster

I got a swatch from Ann's Fabric and Crafts in NH. It was a sliver, but it let me see the real thing, and make my decision.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:35 PM

I was considering a fabric at Fat Quarter Shop for a 4-patch posie, so I didn't want to make a mistake, since it's a lot of yardage. I sent a letter asking quite a few questions about the fabric, and they offered to send a swatch. I can't say if they'd send lots of swatches, though.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:45 PM

Here ya go...Christian Lane Quilters. The website says:

Christian Lane Quilters - Wide Cotton Fabrics - Swatches
FATBACKS® QUILT BACKING FAT BACKING
Fabric colors and patterns may look distorted as a result of the scanning process. Colors may look different on your monitor. We mail up to 12 swatches the following day at no charge.
Please e-mail requests with your name and mailing address. Please do not attach pictures of the products to your e-mail. [email protected]
Fabrics are not returnable and the swatches are free. Please request swatches by Manufacturer, Pattern Name and Color. (example: Benartex, Vine, Antique Red)
You may also send swatches of the fabric you are using in your quilt top and we will send you some possible backings choices.
Our mailing address is: Christian Lane Quilters, 44 Christian Lane, Berlin, CT 06037

Thank you!"