Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Need new ruler

Need new ruler

My ruler is sliding around & driving me crazy. I really need a new "sticky" type ruler! 24" x 6". I saw the Guidelines for quilting rulers but it seems like a stretch...too good to be true. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance...
    Paula

I have just put the new Steady Betty thingys on my rulers and believe me they do not slide. I work in a quilt shop and we like them so much we now have them on all rulers. No more wavy cuts, and going off at the ends crocked. Also, they are really inexpensive. Hope this helps,
    Kathie

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    my "go to" ruler is the 24x5.5 O'Lipfa with a handle that can be positioned for a lefty or righty. I did put lil round sandpaper tabs on it, but where can we buy STEADY BETTY THINGS?
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Have a look at Clear Grip - I have it on all of my rulers

http://www.aussiepatches.com.au/cont...enthousand.seo

try looking for a product called InvisiGrip. Its a clear product you put on the bottom of your ruler. It comes in a roll, so you can do all your rulers. No need to get a new one if you don't want.

http://softexpressions.com/software/...InvisiGrip.php
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

The Olfa Advantage rulers are the best thing since rotary cutters. They're frosted so you can easily see on both light and dark fabrics, non-slip for stability and have thin lines for precision cutting. The 6x24 ruler has angle markings for 15, 30, 45, 60 and 90...way more than most...that work for both right and left handers. http://www.olfa.com/RulersDetail.aspx?C=66&Id=146
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

My ruler slips around, also. I have better luck with having at least 4 layers of fabric under the ruler when I cut.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
    where can we buy STEADY BETTY THINGS?
    It looks like you can get them at Joann's:
    http://www.joann.com/steady-betty-ru...prd_10560027a/
    ~~Cathy~~

I read on a post here once a tip of putting hot glue on bottom of the rulers, so I tried it and it works great! They no longer slide at all and the glue is clear, so doesn't mess up the visibility. I love this board and all its tips!

Quote Originally Posted by krysti View Post
    I read on a post here once a tip of putting hot glue on bottom of the rulers, so I tried it and it works great! They no longer slide at all and the glue is clear, so doesn't mess up the visibility. I love this board and all its tips!
    I tried rubber cement with a "so-so" result. Do you put the hot glue on just the corners, along one edge or where?
    SittingPretty

I put little pieces of the foam with the sticky back. trust me it does not move, even when you to nudge it into place a little LOL
    After 2 years with the same signature I have been requested to remove it. Bye

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast