Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Quilting ideas >

Need Quilting ideas

Need Quilting ideas

Old 08-22-2016, 12:39 PM

[QUOTE=bcsews;7632145]I just finished this quilt top for my grandson and I need some help with ideas on how to quilt it. I do have a HQ16 quilting machine and a domestic machine with wide harp space so I could use either. I am not very experienced on the HQ16 so it can't be too challenging. Lol The narrow borders might need stitch in the ditch but I'm not sure of that either. This is a full size quilt. Input from you talented quilters will be appreciated.

I can't give any better ideas for the quilting but had to say that it looks amazing! I'm hoping to make one for my son as but haven't found the print at any LQS. Need to get it ordered while I can still find it!

(By the way if anyone is interested, it's called Dragon Moon from Kona Bay, you can get the pattern free on their web site. )
Old 08-23-2016, 11:14 AM

Gorgeous quilt!

To me, this needs the kind of work that Judi Madsen does (www.greenfairyquiltsblog.com). I can envision all kinds of detailed ruler work on this!!

I must say it again - GORGEOUS quilt!!
Old 08-24-2016, 10:09 AM

That is one very fortunate grandson. I have no advice, just congratulations on a gorgeous, gorgeous quilt.
Your love is evident.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:47 PM

I agree with Tartan. Most of your fabrics are busy prints that will hide any quilting you do in them. You can create beautiful texture that supports the print by following the outlines. I might trapunto the dragon & couch some red yarn or red Razzle Dazzle on top of the red (flames?) coming off the dragon's body. I might use a silver metallic thread to quilt the dragon's scales & repeat a scale/scallop pattern in the outer grey border to add unity.