Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Never Make Fun!!

I am sincerely hoping to stay a non-serious sewer then!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
    Iv' done it to and so have others on this board. I think it's a right of passage to stitch your finger and you aren't a serious sewer until you do.

Blog Entries
    It's not if but when that an accident will happen with a rotary cutter. Always use a safety tool when cutting.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Yikes!!! My fingers are hurting in sympathy for all of you!!! (Knocking on wood!!) I have been extremely lucky and not sewn my finger (yet!). I have cut myself several times with my rotary cutter, though. I seem to always cut the back or side of my hand somehow. The last time if felt like it just barely touched my hand, but it bled quite a bit and became quite sore.
    Sherri

not only have I done the sewing my finger thing. I was about 14 when I did that. Last fall I knocked the rotary cutter off the table and it landed straight down in the top of my foot and wouldn't you know, I hadn't closed the blade. I had 3 butterfly bandaids so we stuck them on and I didn't go to the doctor but man do those hurt a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by tjk829 View Post
    My cousin texted my a picture of her index figure all wrapped up and the caption " no stitches". I , ever sympathic texted back " Rotary cutter? LOL" It was, well karma keeps score... this morning I was embroidering a really different design, and in my excitement forgot about waiting til the machine stops BEFORE you try to thread it and stitched my index finger! I'm not sending her a text!
    I am so laughing at you. I'll bet you text her very soon. That's too good not to share. Don't you feel dumb though?
    I not only have sliced off the end of my L index finger, I've also run the needle through my finger. Hazards of the trade I think.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    Seven stitches to the inch on the index finger. Oh well!
    Quilter 68 who is now 69/and now 70

Never make fun

I can so relate - I've tried sewing a finger or two and even my thumb - try that one, so you are not alone, could we call ourselves the "pricked finger club"? LOL It happens to all of us at one time or another.

Blog Entries
    DH insisted that my boys learn to sew before they operated a power saw - a needle prick is nothing...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Ouch! Pain comes with quilting. On the cathedral window I am working on have rammed my needle through the material into the quick of the fingernail as well as under the nail! Live and learn.
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Blog Entries
    I must be depraved. I read every post in this thread, in increasing pain as I did it. Never done the needle thing so far, but pretty much everything else including a V shaped cut on a finger with scissors - I was in a hurry. I think we all need a glass of wine at this point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast