Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Never Make Fun!!

ouch! THAT'S GOTTA HURT

Ladies and Gents, are you guys sewing after a bottle of wine or something? I have such a fear of being cut, that I religiously close my rotary cutter after every swipe. Especially after hearing the story from my quilting class teacher of a lady cutting barefoot and her open blade feel off and cut her toes so badly she required surgery to reconnect tendons. Not for me, thank you.

As far as stitching my finger, I'm too slow to do that. I have seen sewers who, to me, look like they are driving an Indi 500 car they are running that machine so fast. Again, fear. Being impaled by a sewing machine needle makes my heart palpatate.

Hope you all you kamikaze's get better.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

Ouch! I hope your finger feels better soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by morelcabin View Post
    Okay I had enough paranoia about my rotary blade already....geez...now I am going to be wearing steal toe boots in my sewing room too! Anything razor sharp has my respect...but I always worried about my fingers...never once considered my toes!
    better delete this whole thread - EPA might find out about it and ban sewing machines.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Ouch!! I've only "nipped"my finger tip with a machine needle and that hurt enough.

About the rotary cutter: I find that cutting through poly batting and fabric that contains poly will dull the cutter blades quicker. I ruin my blades by bumping into my rulers or the starting point of the June Tailor slots.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I don't understand why you won't text her back. Because you think sewing her finger was not too smart? I hope that's not why. We quilters sometimes get in a zone and keep on working without really thinking about each step completely.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    tjk: Karma will get you every time .. LOL one way or another ...
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I actually did text her back, but after teasing her for not being careful...I got in a hurry and sewed my own finger! As you can guess, I am on the receiving end of the teasing for now and deservedly so.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4