Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: new ideas in quilting.

Blog Entries
    I just wondered if any of you are really up to date in the latest trends and ideas in quilting. Other people seem to find new ideas and not me.

Power Poster
    I find the latest and greatest ideas right here on the board. I am alway behind this group. Last year they were making bow tucks, this year I am. Last year they were making D9P quilts this year I am making D4P. So to answer your question, no, I don't think I am up to date.

I agree with SueDor, I am on behind!

I'm not a trendy girl at all. I like my old tradtional stuff. Soo new to me is old. :wink:

I have a folder on my network drive called "Inspirations". When I'm browsing the web, and I see something that I love, I save the picture to this folder. I can save from any computer in the house as well as access it, which makes it nice. The file is now huge, and when I need inspiration, I go take a peek! I don't care what's trendy, I just care that I love it!

CJ I'm with you. Trying to keep up with trends can be like chasing your tail. Every gadget isn't worth trying for me. Inspiration is more important.

Blog Entries
    Don't know if I am up to date or not, but I've gotten lots of great ideas on this board. My latest favorite is a Yogi Bear tube quilt I made for my grandson.

Blog Entries
    Don't want latest or greatest. I like the old quilts style and i need more time to do them. Have about 20 or so quilts i want to make. Have about 30 things i want to knit. New isn't on my radar.

Blog Entries
    Thank you all for your inspirational messages. I really meant those ideas people have ie. quick way to do flying geese, or three seam blocks.
    I find them fun to compare with trasditional. I hate new notions they never seem to work for me.#

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjtinkle
    I have a folder on my network drive called "Inspirations". When I'm browsing the web, and I see something that I love, I save the picture to this folder. I can save from any computer in the house as well as access it, which makes it nice. The file is now huge, and when I need inspiration, I go take a peek! I don't care what's trendy, I just care that I love it!
    I love this idea, I'm going to have to start doing this

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast