Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Iron

New Iron

My Rowenta went to heaven and I need a new iron. I want one with at least 1500 watts and no Auto Shut Off.
    Have looked everywhere I can think of. Does any one know where I can find this iron?

Blog Entries
    I have an $8.00 Rival from the $ store that I love. I'm not sure what the wattage is but, it get's very hot & DOESN"T have the auto shut-off. I bought a much heavier GE but, I don't like it at all. TO heavy, auto shut-off and just doesn't seem to get as hot as my el-cheapo. Good luck in your search.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

If you have a Big Lots nearby, check there. They often have name-brand irons and I have seen ones without the auto-shutoff there.

Irons in heaven? That just don't sound right ;-)
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I recently bought a new iron - thought I got one without auto shut-off - appears I was wrong. Went and got the $8 Rival at Wally-World and love it!

Why not? I believe the Angels like their robes wrinkle free. I guess I am Old School. I iron or press everything. DH wouldn't wear rough dry clothes.

Blog Entries
    Can you iron gossamer? lol The one I just bought is another Shark which gets quite hot but it does have an auto shutoff.

I figure that an iron these days lasts about 2 years with quilting use, so I will not invest a lot of money.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

Blog Entries
    I am not very wifey when it comes to catering to DH likes and dislikes about laundry or any other household chore. LOL. I have the B&D Classic and I'm happy with it. It's the one I take to classes and it's been dropped many times, still works and steams great. I found the no auto shut off one at Lowe's.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Does a steamer work for quilting? Actually for Ironing fabric before cutting?

Try the Oliso. 1800 watts, a long auto shut-off (which I love), a very long (12') cord. They're pricey ... but I think they're worth it.

http://www.oliso.com/index.php/oliso...rs-sewers.html
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast