Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New section on the board

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Ok - just re read you ethos on this Admin, and given it some thought and I think it's a good solution! Thanks for the creative thinking - I guess it's up to us 'boarders' now to make it work.

So I'm off to create my topic! :D

Blog Entries
    I guess it's up to us 'boarders' now to make it work.
    Yes, I think it'll really start to work once enough people have their own dedicated topics in that section.

Here's a question that I KNOW someone will ask, since it hasn't been asked as of yet...or someone might do this.

Yes or no....can you start another topic, say...I have one already named TLRNHI'S APATHACARY SHOP. Can another one be started named TLRNHI'S CATTERY? or do you just continue on with the ORIGINAL, like a blog site?

I only ask because I know someone will ask or might even start another topic...know what I mean?

Oh yea.....and thanks Admin!

Blog Entries
    Can I also add.... I like the changes to the "recent topics" list.
    I had quite a few "complaints" about it. And it's true. There are times when 50%+ of the Recent Topics are either links or not related to quilting at all.

Can I ask another question.....

it seems there have been some complaints lately. I'm not sure what's been happening, but if we inadvertently break a rule, or someone makes a complaint about something we've said, do we get told? Not who complained, obviously, but that there is a complaint and what it was? I just hate to think I'm stumbling around breaking rules at every step without realising! :-)

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Yes, it's a good idea that links had been moved too. I really appreciate the effort and thought ppl put in posting links but it makes more sense to keep it separate, for when we feel like or have the time to go browsing links! Good one!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken

it seems there have been some complaints lately. I'm not sure what's been happening, but if we inadvertently break a rule, or someone makes a complaint about something we've said, do we get told? Not who complained, obviously, but that there is a complaint and what it was? I just hate to think I'm stumbling around breaking rules at every step without realising! :-)
    Yes I'd been wondering about that too... I guess there's been a lot of PMing to and fro between groups of ppl discussing this and it has made me feel a bit uncomfortable, I must admit; I know we can't have it ALL in the open ie who complained about whom, but I think an open and honest general discussion, no obligation for anyone to join in if they don't want to and obviously NO naming or criticising others, would be a good thing. It's difficult for me to know just WHAT others find offensive- some things are obvious, of course, oscenities, religion, politics, the usual suspects, BUT as for the rest, it's such a subjective thing, it's hard to second guess your audience. I guess the diary page will address this! Sorry - thinking aloud! :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken

Yes I'd been wondering about that too... I guess there's been a lot of PMing to and fro between groups of ppl discussing this and it has made me feel a bit uncomfortable, I must admit; I know we can't have it ALL in the open ie who complained about whom, but I think an open and honest general discussion, no obligation for anyone to join in if they don't want to and obviously NO naming or criticising others, would be a good thing. It's difficult for me to know just WHAT others find offensive- some things are obvious, of course, oscenities, religion, politics, the usual suspects, BUT as for the rest, it's such a subjective thing, it's hard to second guess your audience. I guess the diary page will address this! Sorry - thinking aloud! :mrgreen:
    Me too! I just figured I'm a bit sensitive right now and must be having a wee paranoid moment. Glad I'm not alone! ;-)
    I'm a member of another forum based here in NZ, and in complete honesty, everyone on here is a saint compared to that unruly mob!

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure what's been happening, but if we inadvertently break a rule, or someone makes a complaint about something we've said, do we get told?
    Of all the people who contacted me asking if their posts are OK, I don't think a single person actually did something really wrong. Maybe some minor stuff which is way too subjective to judge.

On the other hand, those who did push it too far (by pretty much any standards), never asked anything until their posts got deleted.

Go figure.

Was that a yes we will be informed if we break a rule? Or a no, we have to guess?

I haven't looked to see if any of my posts have been deleted... and quite frankly, I'm too scared to now! ;-) ;-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast