Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New Years Resolution 2014 >

New Years Resolution 2014

New Years Resolution 2014

Old 12-15-2013, 05:59 AM

Default New Years Resolution 2014

This is the time of the year to start thinking about my 2014 New Years Resolution. 2014 will be the year that I learn how to use the full functionality of my EQ7 program.

What is your New Years Resolution?
Old 12-15-2013, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

NONE !! TOO OLD to make any new year resolutions. GOOD luck with getting more aquatinted with EQ7. I love my EQ5. Be sure to download the monthly fabrics from their website. They update your EQ fabric library with current fabric !! And you can vote to choose next month's fabrics !!
Old 12-15-2013, 06:27 AM
Power Poster

To try my best to stay healthy and enjoy my life and loved ones. Everything else will fall into place after that.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:07 AM

I plan to be more productive in my quilting skills for my own home. I make lots of things but it for 95% of the time goes out the door.

This year I'm trying out some of Bonnie Hunter's scrappy patterns, work on my UFO projects and projects that I have kitted up to do. I want to make a scrappy queen quilt for our bed. With much luck I will have it completed before year's end & on the bed. From there is the two twin beds that need quilts. From there I will work on scrappy's for family members.

I also want to make a Scrappy quilt for my son's Boy Scout Troop to use as a fundraiser for next year.

I plan to try something new. I have plans to take part in my 1st Round Robin and it will go for 6 months.

I plan to work on making some sort of Christmas gift for next year's Secret Santa's each month. I take part in 5 or 6 of them each year, so they will be collecting thoughout the year in a box to make gifting easier and not the mad panic sewing come Oct./Nov.

That would be my resolutions for quilting this next year. Now how many I will complete is left to be seen.

Tricia
Old 12-15-2013, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

i resolve to finish my dear jane blocks!
Old 12-15-2013, 07:22 AM

My quilting resolution is to work on basics better to have a better finished product. With my personality I tend to rush towards the end product and miss the small steps that make work better.

I would also like to step out of my comfort zone of simple and try some more complicated blocks. I bought the swoon block pattern and I'm going to try it.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:12 AM

I want to focus on machine quilting this year. I have several classes on Craftsy that I want to take.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
i resolve to finish my dear jane blocks!
Me too QuiltNan !! All my blocks are done and sashed and joined together. All my pieced triangles are done and all the plain Triangles are cut - I now need to join them together and then attach them to the main body of the quilt. Then layer the whole thing and Quilt it !!!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 11:44 AM

None really...just to keep going, and work at simplifying my life.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:01 PM

I am not making any Resolutions per se...I AM declaring that 2014 is a 'selfish' quilting year for me. I have a couple of things promised to quilt, then its only my stuff this year. Our youngest is a senior in high school. With all that means for the new year...graduation, 1st yr of college and an empty nest? I dont' want anyone else's project on my mind!

I AM going to try to have a monthly goal to include a UFO, something on the quilt frame, and a play day. Play days could be learning a new technique (I want to learn how to draft PP patterns, practice using my Silhouette cutter, and painting some shelve/furniture/chalk boards) . I am ready now, but I still have things promised! Right now I'm having to keep myself from working on Bonnie's Celtic Solstice mystery, so I can get two quilts in the mail tomorrow! Do you think bribery will work!? lol)