Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Not sure I was ready for square half tirangles!

I just finished piecing my second quilt, queen size, in almost entirely SHT's and I had such a hard time getting all the points to match! There was a lot of ripping out and wondering "what was I thinking!" Are HST's hard for everyone or is it just me and my lack of experience? I do feel I learned a lot as I went along but it was frustrating and discouraging at times. Hope the quilting goes better. :-)

Have only been quilting 3 years but HST are still difficult for me. I've found Thangles very useful :thumbup:

Its like learning anything else its all takes time and
    pratice pratice pratice.

Quote Originally Posted by merry
    Have only been quilting 3 years but HST are still difficult for me. I've found Thangles very useful :thumbup:
    Showing my ignorance! What are thangles? I sure would like an easier way to do them.

Click on this link:
    http://www.blockcentral.com/a-halfsq...glepaper.shtml

This will give you everything you need to make a ton of HST's that will be accurate. Notice the different sizes. Bookmark that page so you can go back whenever. Just follow the directions on the size you chose on how to sew and cut. Never worry again about matching up the ends. Promise :-)

This is just another version for Thangles, except you get a ton more in just one setting.

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyd
    I just finished piecing my second quilt, queen size, in almost entirely SHT's and I had such a hard time getting all the points to match! There was a lot of ripping out and wondering "what was I thinking!" Are HST's hard for everyone or is it just me and my lack of experience? I do feel I learned a lot as I went along but it was frustrating and discouraging at times. Hope the quilting goes better. :-)
    Correction: I typed my terms in wrong order, meant half square triangles, HST.

Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    Click on this link:
    http://www.blockcentral.com/a-halfsq...glepaper.shtml

This will give you everything you need to make a ton of HST's that will be accurate. Notice the different sizes. Bookmark that page so you can go back whenever. Just follow the directions on the size you chose on how to sew and cut. Never worry again about matching up the ends. Promise :-)
    Thanks so much. Wish I'd known this sooner but I'm learning.

Banned
    i prefer to cut squares larger and when have HST and quarter square triangles to then cut them to size.

Correction: I typed my terms in wrong order, meant half square triangles, HST.
    Knew what you meant! ;-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast