Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Now What? >

Now What?

Now What?

Old 09-19-2015, 05:36 AM

My favorite go to patterns are Irish Chain and Trip around the world. They are quite versatile in regards to number of fabrics and colors.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:59 AM

Don't let the number of choices put you in gridlock. Pick one and run with it. It won't be the last quilt you'll be making and if it doesn't turn out to be a favorite then just make another one for yourself. Multiple quilts are a good thing.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:43 AM

Do u need new shower curtain?
Sew room needs updating? Maybe replace just one major item...can make it looks totally newer/different when you do.
Rag quilt for for yourself on couch ?
Try out a purse pattern?
Old 09-19-2015, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by huskyquilter View Post
Well, thanks to some of the links posted, I found one that made me go WOW! I absolutely love it, and I also found an awesome blog with some gorgeous free patterns.

Drum roll...

http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/womba...=0&viewer=true

Ta Da!
Inded that's a WOW! I sure hope you do it and keep us supplied with pictures as you go! Good luck and enjoy!!
Old 09-19-2015, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by huskyquilter View Post
I'm in a bit of a funk, and I don't know what to make next. I'm almost done with a baby quilt for my nephew and a table runner/placemat set for my mom. In the last 6 months, I've made 3 quilts to give to family members/friends, and then the other two mentioned above. I want to make something for myself, but I'm at a loss what to do. I've decided not to take on anymore give-away projects until I have a new quilt for my own bed, but now I can't decide what to do. I'm inspired by so many different options, but just can't pick one.

Help!
Oh..does that sound familiar. I have been quilting for over 30 years and still have no quilt for me. Made my husband one 20 years ago. Each time I think about making my self one....I cannot decide color or pattern.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:26 AM

Make some little pin cushions for Christmas presents, or gifts for whatever. Good way to use up scraps. I make lots of them, and use leftover pieces of batting for filling instead of buying special ground walnut shells etc. although that would be nice too.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:46 AM

If you have several patterns that you really like and just can't choose between them, try writing the names on slips of paper and drawing one from a container. You will know by the way you feel when you read the name if it is the right one. A lift of happiness in your heart will tell you yes!! A tiny blip of disappointment will tell you no, not that one.
If it's no, set that slip aside and draw again. Keep drawing till you feel that yes! lift of happiness. If none of the slips bring it to you, then keep looking for more patterns until you have enough to do the process again!
Old 09-20-2015, 06:07 AM

Do some goggling, pinteresting, first. With patience the idea will come to you.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:50 AM

Why do you always have to sign up for a website just to look at a picture?
Old 09-20-2015, 10:22 AM

Look up Missouri Star Quilt Company and check the tutorial on the quilt Sticks and Stones(one of Jenny's latest quilts).
I made one of various shads of blue and lime green and white for the background and small squares. You will have to see it to believe how beautiful it is! The white blocks make it pop! Good luck! Marilyn Only takes one jelly roll too!