Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Obsessed quilter - literally designing quilts in my sleep >

Obsessed quilter - literally designing quilts in my sleep

Obsessed quilter - literally designing quilts in my sleep

Old 04-02-2014, 07:16 AM

So funny, sewnoma.....but, seriously, 3 o'clock in the morning is the magic hour for me and my quilting plans and ideas. I wake up and cannot go back to sleep, and first thing I know, I have all my ideas in line, or problems worked out. Then I go back to sleep and sleep 'til 9......
Old 04-02-2014, 11:19 AM

Totally cool.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:22 PM

i LOVE those dreams.... i have had 2 recently....1 not so good, as i thought of a better way to do a quilt that was almost 3/4 done....very discouraging........the other i saw the completely finished quilt for my brother for Christmas. Went out the next day and bought the fabric for it.....which i had seen a couple of weeks earlier at JoAnns and thought only "oh that's a nice guy print".
Old 04-02-2014, 01:00 PM

(Some of which are hilariously fanciful - I once dreamt up a program that would control where my dogs would poop in the yard)

OMG I am laughing sooooooo hard. I have been thinking for a couple of weeks now, how am I going to train my dog to poop in one place? LOLOLOLOL Since the snow is melting, I am finding a MESS!!!!! We clean up after him when we can, but this winter was so bad, it would snow before we got out there. Thus, LAYERS of dog poop!! Yuck!!! So, when you get the design done, I want to see it!!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by buslady View Post
(Some of which are hilariously fanciful - I once dreamt up a program that would control where my dogs would poop in the yard)

OMG I am laughing sooooooo hard. I have been thinking for a couple of weeks now, how am I going to train my dog to poop in one place? LOLOLOLOL Since the snow is melting, I am finding a MESS!!!!! We clean up after him when we can, but this winter was so bad, it would snow before we got out there. Thus, LAYERS of dog poop!! Yuck!!! So, when you get the design done, I want to see it!!
LOL!! It was a REALLY complex program, because I have 3 different dogs. I remember I had to calculate very carefully because they are 3 different heights, so if their feet are at X position, the poop is not going to always fall the same distance from X....

Oh, the crazy things my brain comes up with!!! I'm just glad that dog poop isn't actually part of my daily job! LOL
Old 04-03-2014, 03:00 PM

Better late than never...here's the (still not washed) fabrics I'll be using:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]469954[/ATTACH]
The pink print on the bottom is also going to be the backing.

And here's my EQ "sketch" - it's for a hospital bed so that's why it's so long and narrow. This isn't exact; I'm going to leave the green triangles long (wide?) so I can have a quarter-inch border of green left, most of which will get covered up by the binding (which is probably going to be pink, since that's Grandma's favorite color). And the fabrics here are just EQ fabrics.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]469955[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fabrics_sm.jpg   grandmaquilt2014.jpg  
Old 04-03-2014, 06:44 PM

I also go to bed thinking about my quilting projects, and want to get up and get going again. My list is so long.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:08 PM

WOW. love the fabrics. that is going to be a beautiful quilt
Old 04-04-2014, 03:33 AM

Sitting here chuckling as I read all the responses. So funny. I thought I was unusual when I would dream about quilts, quilting,new designs,etc. as I slept. Guess not...and everyone is so right. You can discover many new ideas BUT you have to remember or write them down as soon as you wake or they might be gone...most of you will understand.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:00 AM

I have dreamt of sewing and quilting lots of times, best one was we were at a special function for my husband's work
the speech I was listing to was as boring as heck , my mind began to wander suddenly my eye spotted the pattern on the wall ....I couldn't take my eyes off it and my husband saw me nodding my head counting blocks and squares.
Did I get hot water over that ..all I could answer was but it would make a great quilt , it doesn't matter were I go I am always looking for part and colour combinations. Cathy