Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Obsessed quilter - literally designing quilts in my sleep >

Obsessed quilter - literally designing quilts in my sleep

Obsessed quilter - literally designing quilts in my sleep

Old 04-04-2014, 04:10 AM

Love the fabrics you've selected..... nice colors. I'm working on a lap quilt using 30's fabrics right now so yours have really caught my eye.

I haven't had the same experience as you in my dreams. Does that mean that I'm not a true quilter yet? My dreams are often about work..... and I've been retired 11 years now. I guess that shows how much effort I put into it all those years. But I'd love to have a dream where I design a quilt. ...... soon maybe.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
I haven't had the same experience as you in my dreams. Does that mean that I'm not a true quilter yet?
I think maybe it just means you're not quite as OBSESSIVE as I am! My hobbies tend to swoop into my life and completely take them over. I've only been "seriously" quilting for a little under 2 years and I've completed 30+ quilts. Most 6' square, all the way up to oversized King. With about 5 currently in-progress (meaning anything from, "pieces are cut" to "everything but the binding is done"). AND I work full-time plus some. I'm just...obsessive. I will get up at 2AM on the weekends so I can sew. I sew all day, all night, every chance I get, and then dream about it while I sleep. I carry a camera with me wherever I go so I can take pictures of patterns I like either for a pieced design or for a FMQ design. Every time I leave town for any reason I map out quilt shops along my route. I go to every quilt show I possibly can. I'm about to turn my living room into my sewing room, because who needs couches when I can have sewing machines!?!? LOL

Obsessive...that's me. Thankfully my DH is nearly obsessive with HIS hobbies, so we make a great couple.