Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh My! FabricDepot!!!

Oh My! FabricDepot!!!

Was in Portland Oregon yesterday and my DDIL took e to this store. Every quilt notion ever made I think! huge! lots of good fabrics, Moda, RJR, Riley Blale, Timeless treasures, precuts, Cuddle. I thought I died and went to heaven. Plus they have a website. Came right home to Nevada, and placed an order. First order was an additional 10% off the already 25% off. Joann's can't hold a candle or even a match to this place. Never saw anything like it even in California!

Blog Entries
    I agree, it's a wonderful store, almost overwhelming. They have great online service too
    Jill

It is one of my favorite on line places to shop.

I totally agree - Fabric Depot is such a wonderful place and it is so easy to get lost there. When people are headed there for the first time, I always advise them to eat a good-sized meal before they go, wear comfy shoes, bring water, and plan on going at least 20% over budget!!! It is no surprise that my last two birthdays have involved a trip to Fabric Depot to play.
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Blog Entries
    what a wonderful experience! wish there was one near me.... or maybe not [too tempting]
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    if it's that good, I have to check them out! thanks
    I quilt for my sanity!

Blog Entries
    It is pretty awesome, and as earlier stated, their online service is very good. People from Seattle come by the busload to shop, and that's 160 miles. I'm surprised Seattle doesn't have a similar store. Maybe FD should expand!

Blog Entries
    Looks like a great site, thanks for sharing!

It's definitely on my list for next time we're in Portland. I'll convince DH we need to take an early flight so I can have the day at Fabric Depot before heading for the coast. And maybe bring an empty suitcase. Could also pick up a nice hostess gift for our niece where we always stay. She's a wonderful quilter who has been a great inspiration to me. Now I can hardly wait. Maybe I should look at airlines and flights after posting this.
    Last edited by quiltsRfun; 01-31-2012 at 10:58 AM.

One thing that many people don't realize is that if you buy 6 (or maybe it's 5?) of an identical item you can go to the wholesale window and get 40% off. Also you can buy a whole bolt and get 40% off. The summer outdoor sale has lots of fabric marked way down, and there are frequent sales where all quilting fabric is 35% off. But the best part of all is that there is such a huge selection of every major fabric line.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast