Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oh, no! It's gone! No one to blame but myself... >

Oh, no! It's gone! No one to blame but myself...

Oh, no! It's gone! No one to blame but myself...

Old 01-16-2016, 10:52 PM

Maybe it's been too long but try to remember exactly what you were thinking about when you last saw it, when I've lost something in a similar manner it's usually because I picked it up and put it somewhere and then totally forgot, if I can recall what I was thinking then I can remember where I put it. Does that sound weird?
Old 01-16-2016, 11:28 PM

I've found fabric and/or quilting notions in my refrigerator. I get so distracted as soon as I leave my sewing room. Loose things all over my house and it's not a big house!
Old 01-17-2016, 12:11 AM

Yesterday looked for hair shampoo, couldn't see it so used another one. When I had finished shampooing my hair and rinsed it there on the shelf where I looked was my shampoo. Perhaps when you finish sewing the pattern your pattern, kit will show up.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:23 AM
Gay

I have these black holes too. So far I've lost
My dad's crowbar
A set of house keys with the garage remote attached
A wallet with old Pound notes, 1,5,10,20. (Oz changed to decimal currency in 1965, and I found these in an old suit of dads' after mum passed in 2002)
A couple of large magnets from old radios. Good for picking up pins off the floor
2 embroidery cd's, that normally never leave the drawer they are kept in. I think they may have had help from a visitor who doesn't visit anymore. Managed to get another cd, but the first one hasn't turned up yet.
Perhaps if I start downsizing all my stuff they'll appear, have had those good intentions for months.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by sulyle View Post
As soon as you get the pattern and start a new quilt, the old kit will probably show up. That's what usually happens to me.
My first thought exactly! When you find it you will think "that's right! now I remember putting it here!"
Old 01-17-2016, 04:14 AM

It will turn up somewhere....after you buy the pattern. That is what happens to me.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:14 AM

I hope you are making this in different colors from what was in the kit, because as soon as you finish it (or sooner) the kit will reappear. Then you can make it again, in different colors, and have two colorways of the same quilt.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:32 AM

I'm still looking for the 8 strips of fabric I set aside to bind a wall hanging. They are 8 different fabrics that go with the 8 sides of the octagon. I had them stored with the floppy, and set them aside when I pulled it out to quilt (about 9 months ago as it didn't get quilted until late fall). Now I'm ready to bind, and though I've gone through everything, I've not found them yet.

I've not actually completely emptied my UFO storage containers, though I've looked in them. That will be the next step.

I did find a small framed original drawing that was missing for three years - it was on a shelf, but the stuff on top of it had completely hidden it from view. I had looked there several times, but did not find it until I was moving the cabinet and completely emptied it.

I know I need to look with my hands, not my eyes, but I was sure I could "see" everything on the shelf. I did empty out all the drawers in the house looking for it LOL!!
Old 01-17-2016, 04:35 AM

I never thought of the black hole explanation, but I like it! That must be where my thimble holder resides.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

I blame the fabric. They turn into characters like from Toy Story coming alive and they seem to love to play Hide and Go Seek. Did you take the kit with you?? If not, it is hiding somewhere in your house and you will eventually find it. Can you start another project in the mean time??