Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oh no! Stripes the wrong way! >

Oh no! Stripes the wrong way!

Oh no! Stripes the wrong way!

Old 07-19-2015, 03:25 AM

Well wouldn't you know it, we were out shopping yesterday and I suggested to DH that since we were "passing" the LQS why don't we stop and I'll just have a quick run in...you know, just a quick look while you perhaps go into the auto store over the road...hmmmmm, good idea dear? Of course it is...makes perfect sense and perfect use of our shopping time.
And guess what...there...right in amongst all the other fat quarters was a fat quarter in the exact same stripey fabric that I used in my maiden voyage into stripey/directional HSTs! So of course I bought it...not of course to unpick and redo my odd looking stripey HSTs....oh no...no I'll just buy it to pop in the stash for another time.....

You know what I did yesterday afternoon don't you! And now I have stripey chevrons with stripes all going the right way! Well, all but one...I left one as it was as a reminder to me about my maiden voyage with stripes and chevrons! Thanks to everyone for their help and explanantions.

Last edited by ruby2shoes; 07-19-2015 at 03:27 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-19-2015, 08:05 AM

You are making this for a grandson? Why would he criticize such a loving gift? He will probably enjoy the unusual stripe interaction. Modern young man might just like a modern feeling "op art" "grandma made it" just for him, quilt. If he is a quilter, mix matched stripes might draw his eyes, might get his attention, but I somehow don't think he will see it as a problem. My first huge quilt was missing many points, so about a year after it was gifted I gently asked if they still loved it. The answer? They love it more now, and no mention of my "mistakes". Relax and enjoy making it for him.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

That is why I always buy more then called for of directional fabric. If I cut wrong I just cut another and not worry about it.