Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Oh what fun I went fabric shopping for the first time...   I think my stash has start >

Oh what fun I went fabric shopping for the first time... I think my stash has start

Oh what fun I went fabric shopping for the first time... I think my stash has start

Old 01-18-2014, 04:23 PM

Smile Oh what fun I went fabric shopping for the first time... I think my stash has start

Maybe not.... lol lol I'm going to do the Double Hour Glass for my first quilt. Mind you my DH dropped me off cause I have been very sick for three days with a stomach bug going around. I was not a happy camper and I was very afraid I was going to miss a wonderful Sale and I would want to die and not just from the sickness. So coupons on in hand a semi list of what I needed which was useless cause I would have to look at every bolt in the store to find out what I might like. lol lol So the list went back into the bag once I found so much on sale. I know I was going for all browns, tans, greens I also threw in some turquoise. By the way I like shopping can you tell. I usually get this way over yarn. But now that I am starting to quilt well a whole new fun time for me. Well I thought I show you how well I did. I purchased a lot of 1/2 yds. and some fabric Quarters. The off white or ecru is for the second part of the square I got 2 1/2 yds of that might need it with my next quilt. Who knows. Well every thing was 50% off and I had a extra 15% off all my fabrics and if I spent $50.00 I got a coupon for 30% off my total purchase plus sales for next week. I see another quilt coming next week. lol lol lol Any way here is my new quilt colors pictures. Spent $35.00 on the cut fabrics and about another $10 to $12 on quarters. Plus my 15% off coupon oh how much fun is this.

Question what are good colors to have in your stash? I know it is up to me but I'm sure there are some staples that are needed.

After I set up my sewing machine I may cut and do my first block but it seems to be getting a little late so I might just set up the sewing machine I want to cut an sew 1 block to make sure this will happen the way it is supposed to.
Attached Thumbnails 004.jpg   005.jpg   006.jpg   007.jpg  
Old 01-18-2014, 04:28 PM

Wow! love your choice of colors. I love the earth colors and have lots of them. Hope you get to feeling better.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:41 PM

I used that same large floral fabric in a bargello quilt. I built my pallet from it. It is stunning. And by the looks I would say you don't need any help picking out colors. Gorgeous stuff and great deals. Kudos.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:51 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Pretty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2014, 04:51 PM

was that at joanns? I got my flyer but never looked at, I love all your colors I'm drawn to earth tones I especially like that floral print, hope you feel better soon
Old 01-18-2014, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by mandyrose View Post
was that at joanns? I got my flyer but never looked at, I love all your colors I'm drawn to earth tones I especially like that

floral print, hope you feel better soon
yup it sure was Joan's so much on 50% off. My mind went dizzy. As for my colors that is in my bedroom and I have some floral design in my back ground my family business. I remember some one saying to me for every light you should buy a dark. Some I was not sure of what they where so I put them back. There will be others. Well my machine is all set up with cotton thread and I'm saying a prayer before I start. Lol.

Last edited by Mama879; 01-18-2014 at 05:20 PM. Reason: ops some no spaces
Old 01-18-2014, 05:18 PM

You certainly chose beautiful fabrics! Your quilt will be beautiful! Feel better soon!
Old 01-18-2014, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

I love those browns. And I also have the floral in the upper right. Not sure what I'll do with it, but it's such a beautiful fabric...
Old 01-18-2014, 06:16 PM

Love your fabric choices, that will make a stunning quilt!!
Old 01-18-2014, 06:50 PM

You certainly picked out some very pretty fabrics...you are on your way girl! Hope to see your new quilt soon. I missed the sale, my car has been in the shop for over a week now and I have been stuck at home, but not bored....spent some time playing in my sewing room.