Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Oiling

I have a Brother's computerized sewing machine and I could not find a way to oil it. My quilter said they did not have to be oiled. True or false . If true, please tell where to oil it.
    Thanks
    Dude

Blog Entries
    All machines have to be oiled everytime you use them they need one drop of oil in the right place. Look in you manual or on the internet and find that one place. This will keep your machine alive for many years. I have a computerized Janome, Brother Singer, FW and "Tin Lizzie"longarm. They all get fed.

i have a comp also was told it ever needed to oiled just cleaned ,well ive had my machine for 15 years runs just like a new one, so dont really know if you can or cant , but someone on here will be able to answer your question, i have heard the new machines dont need oiling,

Be careful about oiling, your can ruin the electronics. You may want to put a bit of oil in the bobbin area when you clean it. Check your manuel.

Blog Entries
    what does your manual say about oiling???

Quote Originally Posted by dude
    I have a Brother's computerized sewing machine and I could not find a way to oil it. My quilter said they did not have to be oiled. True or false . If true, please tell where to oil it.
    Thanks
    Dude

Blog Entries
    I have the Brother PC6000 Computerized machine. I don't see anything in the manual about oiling anywhere. There's no holes at the top like old Singer have either.

I just tried calling a service tech today to see about it getting a check up. Runs perfectly but the auto threader is acting up. It hasn't had a check up since I bought it over 7 years ago (oh my 7 years! :) )

Blog Entries
    Both of my newer machines do not need to be oiled, they are sealed units... Warranties can be void if you oil and the manual says not to :wink:

My machine (singer) says DO NOT OIL... not all machines need to be oiled.. check your manuel and if in doubt... call the manufacturer.

Blog Entries
    I am on my 3rd brother and oil was not mentioned in the manuals. I wouldn't oil anything until I called the customer service number in the manual to ask them. I think they are going to tell you it needs no oil.
    Now, when you have it serviced it is possible the serviceperson will oil it.
    Use our search field and searh 'oil'. There are lots of post on this topic that might give you additional information too. This is a good one. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45573-1.htm
    Good luck.
    Regards, Dorothy

a repairman told me to always lower the pressure foot befor using the auto threader,the auto threader is the first thing to mess up

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast