Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Okay Ladies, Time To 'Fess Up >

Okay Ladies, Time To 'Fess Up

Okay Ladies, Time To 'Fess Up

Old 04-05-2011, 07:19 AM

I'm confused by the One Block Wonder - is it one block done with one fabric? Most of my quilts consist of only one block (done multiple times) - but I don't think they are one block wonders.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 AM

A Tennessee Waltz that I want to do for my grandson and the young woman he is going to marry (someday soon I hope!) I've bought one piece of the fabric and trying decide which direction to go with the rest. I go to sleep at nights thinking about how it will look. Does anyone else do that?
Old 04-05-2011, 07:28 AM

I'd like to try a drunkards path and a double wedding ring.
Bought the templates for both of them but can't decide on design or colors.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:29 AM

I have a list, a lap quilt, not exactly sure how I want to design it yet. It's for my SIL. A log cabin for my sister, An Irish chain for my other sister. I also have fabric to make a quilt for spare bedroom. Down the road I have a quilt planned for my SIL....and then....the list goes on
Old 04-05-2011, 07:32 AM

A puzzle quilt for a friend; a quilt made from shirts of someone's DH who passed away; a bargello for me; something for next year's quilt show; a tied quilt for DIL (she loves the "fuzzies"); a Bella Bella medallion for me; plus lots of quilts in my "someday" folder.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Suzi
I think I'm probably the only one here that does one (1) quilt at a time (actually, one (1) project at a time). Thus I will "think" about what the next quilt will be when I finish the one I'm working on right now ---------- back to contemplating my OBW layout!
I do one at a time, too....but have a ton more in my head to choose for my next one when I'm finished with the one I'm working on! But, I have to say, at some point, I REALLY want to try a OBW!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ps 150
We all have them. And if we say we don't, it just means that ours is in our heads, rather than on paper/whiteboards/folders. I'm talking about our "To-Do" lists, more specifically, our QUILTING To-Do lists.

As I find pics on the internet (mainly this wonderful board), I save pics I like to a folder titled, "Quilts To Try" and there they sit until I get around to them. The more pressing projects or ones I particularly want to start right away go on a list on a whiteboard in my sewing room. I started one before I even knew all the basics of quilting never once emptied the list since I just kept adding to it. Some of the pics in my folder are even floor designs (hardwood and tile) that I want to convert to quilt patterns.

So, my question is this; what's on your Quilting To-Do list right now? What are the quilts you want to try or challenge yourself with??
I've got a new grandbaby coming in August--------so my list is getting longer adn longer.

I just finished up 11 burp rags--------flannel thingies that got a bit of decorative stitching on the edges. I 'm going to tell my DD that they are custom designed and custom sewn, so they look more impressive than the $15 or so dollars I spent on them.

Got a bunch more baby sewing------list too long.

ONe thing I do want to get started is a WARM WISHES using some patriotic fabric. I fianlly got some light gold dots to go with the white on red stars and white on blues stars/

Got to put the borders on the quilt for our church quilt raffle, then contact a gal to macihine quilt it for me. WHICH IS WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING NOW>

I'm not even going to talk about what's left. I do need to drag out a small kidsquilt top that I need to finish up for a family who lost everything in a fire. Should go fairly quickly if I can remember which bin it's in.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:55 AM

Mine is dresden, D9P, Road to Oklahoma, cathedral, attic windows, enough for now. Have others saved here.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by doris.meek13088
I am lucky that my husband is supportive of my hobby but if I let him into my sewing area to often he will not only find my HUGE stash but he will want to start choosing the fabric for the next project.
LOL--My hubby has a much better eye for color than I do. I always show him my projects and he usually makes better choices than I do. Fortunately he is OK going to the LQS with me as long as I don't spend too much time there. AND I am making a quilt for his favorite charity to auction.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:29 AM

A Bargello, a coin, a patriotic, 3 dinasaurs for my GGS, a Southwestern, etc, etc. The list never ends and I hope it never does