Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Old Threads: Is It To Late To Add Your 2 Cents Worth? >

Old Threads: Is It To Late To Add Your 2 Cents Worth?

Old Threads: Is It To Late To Add Your 2 Cents Worth?

Old 01-03-2013, 04:05 AM

I'll do it, because I often use the search function! And I love when an old thread of mine is commented on! I think it's great. If QB didn't like it that way, they would lock the thread after a certain amount of time!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
I'll do it, because I often use the search function! And I love when an old thread of mine is commented on! I think it's great. If QB didn't like it that way, they would lock the thread after a certain amount of time!
I agree. I think it is neat, esp. when commenting on pics of quilts finished a while ago. Like some said, if it is actually a question where you might help, probably your comments make no difference. But I've seen some interesting pics from before I joined by seeing others who linked and commented on an old thread.

And like the previous poster commented, if QB cared, they'd lock old threads. I'm sure they don't. It keeps our archives a vast storage of ideas.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

Comments are great on older threads, but if you have a specific question, I would send a PM because the original poster may not even know that the post has resurfaced.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

Another thought on old threads .... actually on all threads!
READ them right thru to the end.
Often times, as posts are made, the questions are answered, or the original intention of the thread takes a complete turn.

Prime Examples ... what is the name of the pattern? do you have a link to it?
How many times has those questions been answered and yet it is repeatedly asked?
Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 PM

Everyone has helped so much on my question! Now I shall search, read and comment! Thank you everyone!!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by liking quilting View Post
Just had to say how much I love your avatar. Beautiful scene!
Thank you! It's actually a picture I found somewhere on the net. But I think yours is beautiful and is a real picture if I'm not mistaking.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:04 PM

I also appreciate comments on my threads, even if they are old. As you probably have noticed, we are getting new members every day, and to them, all the posts are "new". I usually check my profile every week or so for new posts to threads I have started and I always try to answer questions when asked, no matter how old a thread is.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:27 PM

I think it is good to post to older posts, doesn't bother me-brings back that post as a reminder or to others who hasn't seen it. All good I think.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:01 AM

I love getting notifications to old threads I'VE posted, as well as threads I've commented on. Sometimes they regarded a project I wanted to do and forgot about, or sometimes I still have issues with something and love new ideas. and -- if it's a compliment on something I've made it's never too late to receive that! So in my opinion post away! If you want to ask some individual in the thread something it's best to PM them as they may have unsubscribed from that thread or may no longer be a member of QB. I like the idea here to give them a link to the thread you are PM'ing about.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 PM

I will only post on an old thread if I think what I am posting is valueable enough to the community to bump the thread back to the top.

Comments that are less important to the community as a whole, I don't bother with if a signifigant amount of time has past.