Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: One ENTIRE Day Shot!

Yesterday I was going to start sewing the blocks together on my "Danbury" quilt. When I started laying out the different sections, I found that I had done a bunch of them wrong. It took hours to rip all of them out and pull those little threads off of the fabric. I was hoping to have 5 or 6 blocks to show you. Man, I really need to learn to read ALL of the directions when I am doing something.

We've all made stupid mistakes. While doing the center for the RR I cut on the sewing line instead of the cutting line and had to do a whole section over, so I know how you fee.

That is so frustrating. I have done that and muttered bad things under my breath as I am ripping out my stitches. I just keep telling myself I learn from my mistakes.

Blog Entries
    Oh, dear, you have my sympathies, I too am harder on myself than on others. I get so cross with me when I make a stupid mistake, or lose something, break something...you know the idea. I hope you are on the way to putting things right, and tomorrow can go forward again.

Blog Entries
    Some days I can just sit and laugh at myself when that happens to me, other days I do admit to using bad words... :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Some days I can just sit and laugh at myself when that happens to me, other days I do admit to using bad words... :wink:
    RIght there with you, little one. Of course, I am too pompous to admit that I was "stupid", but I have questioned myself about what was I thinking?????
    Bottom line on my experience is: I can tell you what NOT to do, LONG before I can tell you HOW to do <g> ... and, there is a good reason why God made people like me.
    First of all, I make a lot of people look REALLY good! (and, who doesn't want to help others? LOL)
    And, because I can hit every mistake that can possibly be made, I am quite proficient at helping others avoid the pitfalls. It is okay ... so, it takes me more time! <g> The hardest thing was to get used to how I learn and what possible good it could ever do for others ....
    We don't mind not being right all of the time as long as someone is helped by us and not hindered, eh? :wink:

Blog Entries
    I happened to pick up a Fons and Porter seam ripper to unsew a lot of block seams this last weekend. I didn't know the handle was a tool too! It works great to remove the ripped thread ends. The threads pulled right out of the fabric with no fuss at all. Just put the handle end on the seam and rub the thread, it comes right out. :D :D :D :D

If I continue in the manner that I have been going, I may have to break down and get one.

Been there, done that! Hate having to learn like that, but that's the way I am also. It happens most often when I am tryhing to get ahead of myself! That is where a design wall really helps, IF I take time to look at it! :?

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes I feel like I do more unsewing than I do sewing. I hate it when that happens. Bet you remember next time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast