Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
One ENTIRE Day Shot! >

One ENTIRE Day Shot!

One ENTIRE Day Shot!

Old 08-03-2009, 06:41 PM

Sometimes it seems like I use the seam ripper more than the sewing machine. :twisted: It is frustrating and some days are better than others.

Don't be discouraged. There will be a day you'll fly along and
get way more done than you imagined. We're all learning as
we go!
Old 08-03-2009, 06:56 PM

I have one posted I took a 2nd place at the ALaska st fair...I did a way dumb thing too. It was a "Mystery quilt" and it was rows of stars...well I thought I don't need to lay it out like they are saying I know how to make these simple stars! So I went on my merry only to find out you have to sew rows! UGH I ripped and ripped. I kept saying this is so stupid. I ll never forget so now I do read ALL the directions.

Enjoy your evening, take a deep breath at least...I dont know how to finish this line. Have a good one !!!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

Been there and done that and will probably do it again! LOL You have to just walk away and count to 10 sometimes!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:58 AM

Oh, that is so frustrating! When I do something like that, it quickly becomes a quilt I don't want to work on (a whole other thread, lol!). I am likely to put it away until I'm not so ticked off with myself, then hate to pick it back up.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:42 AM

Sorry Boston that this happened! But anxious to see the blocks when you post.

Kyia
Old 08-04-2009, 04:58 AM
Power Poster

Oh, I have taken care of that, peaceandjoy, I had set myself a deadline of June 3rd of next year for this to be done. Now I have it in my head that I have to.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 AM

Boston, I've also been there, done that, only my first time ripping out came at the first quilt class I ever took, and my HST blocks blocks weren't squaring up. One of the other ladies took it upon herself to 'help' by taking apart my little blocks when we broke for lunch. Actually, she wasn't even sewing with the rest of us...she was 'observing', as she put it. Needless to say, the instructor asked her to 'not help so much' (yes, her actual words!), and the gal took off, never to be seen for the remainder of the class. Have I finished the quilt? Nope, not yet, but I certainly intend to!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:50 AM

The older I get, the more mistakes I make. My kids love to tease me. My favorite and constant saying to myself is "Sandy, if you had a brain you would be dangerous!"
Old 08-05-2009, 05:12 PM

Anne---I am so sorry you had a bad day and I hope yesterday and today were much better. :-)
Old 08-05-2009, 06:51 PM

I keep tell the sewing machine companies that the thing we want most on the NEXT new sewing machine is an UNSEW feature :evil: :evil: :evil: