Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It only took me four hours!!!

Some patterns are quicker than others, some methods the same way. Hang in there, it'll come back, remember this is Fun :)

Blog Entries
    Doesn't matter if it takes 6 months as long as you feel satisfied that you actually made something! Why don't you post a picture of it for us so we can Ooh and Aah?

I see where people say, "I made 3 quilts today!" and I have to say "Why?"

There are 24 hours in a day so you could do 6 tomorrow! LOL

Don't feel alone---I've spent four hours on a potholder, too.

I do think it was beautiful when it was done and for what it's worth enjoyed every minute of making it.

(I do wonder how some of the quilters on this board are so fast---but it will probably not ever be me)

Enjoy every minute of quilting--it is food for the soul.

The first time I make a project that I plan to do a bunch of, it takes me FOREVER to get the first one done, but then I know how to do it, and maybe even find a quicker way or think of something cute to add and it's full steam ahead from there! So don't be discouraged, the next one will go much quicker!

Work at your own pace .... doesn't matter what everyone else does ... I'm a perfectionist, so it takes me longer when I'm doing points. I AM a pro at the frog stitch, though .... rippit, rippit!

It took me over 2 months to make a lap sized quilt I'd found on Quilt in a Day!! It came out nice though & I use it often. Had so much fun making it, I made enough blocks for a 2nd one which I'm giving to daughter for Christmas! LOL! Once I got going, just couldn't stop! Hang in there!!

I do okay on quilt blocks but I can't do other projects quickly. It took me 6 hours to make a Kindle cover, and purses---forget it!! I have 2 I started and after 5-6 hrs spent working on them, they're rolled up and thrown (unfinished) in the closet. Hang in there--just enjoy the process!

I'm slow, too!! I think for potholders, I would try assembly line it (only you have to do it all!!)

Lady Crafter, I call my unsewing "frogging" too!

Hang in there....I am not real fast either. Takes me MONTHES to put togethera quilt!

I too sew very slow. Just enjoy!!! It doesn't matter how many you make, but how well you make them.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast