Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion Please

I was just wondering if I could get some opinions ons this idea for Christmas gifts. My cousins and I normally don't exchange gifts at Christmas. I might give them a little stocking with candy and stuff like that in it. Last year my cousins all surprised me and bought me two gifts one of which was really expensive and I had nothing for them in return. As you may have thought I felt horrible then turned around and had to go out and buy them something because I felt so bad. Anyways this year I told them not to buy me anything if they want to get my something then I want them to make it with their own two hands. This got me to thinking when I saw a missiour star quilt company tutorial about the tube pillow cases. I decided that I could ask my cousins there are only 6 of them what their favorite colour was and to pick either their favorite sport team cartoon character or thing ie flowers, music etc and make them personalized tube pillow cases. I'm just wondering what all of you think of this idea? Thanks for your opinion I really appreciate them :)

I think it is a great idea. It is something that they can not buy & it was made JUST for them. :-D

I think whatever you make for them would be great as it is from your heart, but the pillow cases sound great

I've made lots of these for family and friends and they all loved them.

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think that pillowcases are a great way to give to people and they are not hard or expensive to make. I see some of the neatest fabrics put together that I would have never thought to use. I am going to do that this year...can't aford much for people. I did a cute tinkerbell one that I just loved. have fun. Blessings

GREAT IDEA!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    we're having an economical christmas also. I'm doing the same thing You are! tubed pillowcases for Everyone! hahaha...

great idea.My grandkids always get a quilt and sometimes my kids too.

I've done the pillowcase/gift thing and people love 'em. No matter what, the cases are unique!

pillowcases are perfect gifts! great idea :)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast