Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Order from JoAnn >

Order from JoAnn

Order from JoAnn

Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 AM

Default Order from JoAnn

The first of July I ordered 3 bags of WarmTater. I just opened the box and on my invoice it says Warm Tater but what was sent is called Wrap-N-Zap by Pellon. Has anyone used this product for the Micro wave hot pad?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

I had not heard of this before. I looked it up and it is the same thing. Good to know as warm tater is not always available. Hope this helps, it is safe to go ahead with your project.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:02 PM

I bought one package of each at Joanne's because they didn't have 2 pkgs. of Warm Tater. Seems like the Warm Tater is thicker than the Wrap-N-Zap. Haven't used the W-N-Z yet, so can't compare performance. Pellon is a well known company, so I tend to trust them. Hope I'm not fooled!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:17 PM

you don't need special batting, as long as it is 100% cotton! Don't waste your money on fancy battings with fancy names, it is all just 100% cotton. I teach tater baker bags, corn baker bags and tortilla warmers, and all we use is 100% cotton, that is all that counts. Save yourself some aggravation and lots of $$.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 PM

I thought "we" beat this topic to death a couple of weeks ago. I made tater bags 4 years ago with the cotton quilt batting and fabric from Joanns. My son bajed a potatoe in his microwave in the bag, and the bag caught fire after he set it on the counter to rest. I wouldn't waste my time again, and resent a new discussion on the board about a a product that catches fire so easily.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:17 AM

Perhaps this topic was discussed before, however, we have new members joining this forum daily. I am sorry you resent this discussion being brought up on the board again. You do have options to read or not read all of the discussions. I look at the topic line and if I am not interested in the discussion I don't read it. Simple as that.

Rhonda
Old 12-15-2012, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by peacebypiece View Post
I thought "we" beat this topic to death a couple of weeks ago. I made tater bags 4 years ago with the cotton quilt batting and fabric from Joanns. My son bajed a potatoe in his microwave in the bag, and the bag caught fire after he set it on the counter to rest. I wouldn't waste my time again, and resent a new discussion on the board about a a product that catches fire so easily.
Sorry to hear yours caught fire, hopefully you were nearby and it was easily remedied. Maybe your batting or fabric wasn't 100% cotton, or maybe it was used incorrectly. I adore my potato bag- we've used it for years (1 minute, rotate, 1 minute, rotate until cooked- never longer than that, and never unattended) and I won't go back to cooking potatoes in the oven if there are just 2 of us.

I don't mind if people ask the same question again- as long as it isn't on the same page as another one. That is annoying!

I think the product the OP got is similar to warm tater (though I just use 100% cotton)- but I'd be annoyed if I ordered one brand by name and got another.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by peacebypiece View Post
I have know people who had the fire problem also. be careful ladies and gents!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:57 AM

I just saw this post....what is causing the fire? Is it the batting?? I make rice bags and so far only use cotton material, but I was thinking of putting some batting so that I could quilt them.