Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ott Lights

Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    Isn't that just amazing!! Amazing what the profit margin for these stores are isn't it.
    You should look at the markup at RV stores!! SHEESH. And I found a catalog for jewelry....one the professionals use. The markup on jewelry is 70%!!!!!

Replacement bulbs are the issue with these lamps so if you buy one, be sure you buy a couple of replacement bulbs. Once they don't carry that same lamp, they will stop carrying the replacement bulbs. You can find them online but I had to order 6 for my lamp at a time which can be pricey.

Blog Entries
    Is the Ott a brand name, or the kind of lighting? Is it what they call a full spectrum bulb? I need a good light to sew and read by, so really need this info.

Ott is a particular brand of the full spectrum light. I use mine to scrapbook, cross stitch and quilt by.

Cheers, K

I bought mine at Lowes, as well. Much cheaper to begin with and it was on sale so that made it an even better deal!

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    Isn't that just amazing!! Amazing what the profit margin for these stores are isn't it.
    You should look at the markup at RV stores!! SHEESH. And I found a catalog for jewelry....one the professionals use. The markup on jewelry is 70%!!!!!
    Absolutely right!!! I've been buying supplies at our local ADAP (American Discount Auto Parts) store. They have a small section with RV supplies much less expensive than Camping World. If I wasn't so P.O.'d at Walmart for getting rid of their fabric section, I'd buy stuff there.

Boy if you can get the same Ott light for $55, get it. They are just great. I use one all the time.

I got an Ott floor lamp at Hobby Lobby that I found in the 85% off section. I asked the clerk to plug it in to see if it worked, it didn't! I pushed the bulb the rest of the way in and it lit!!! Love my new $15.00 Ott lamp :lol:

I also have an Ott light (bendible floor model) that my daughter purchased for cheap at Big Lots. Love it! Always pays to check around and not be in too big a hurry. There are places where things we need for quilting, etc. are much cheaper than at the fabric stores.

Blog Entries
    I have purchased 3 of the floor lamps - at Big Lots. The first 2 were only $29.99 each. The last one I bought to take to our cabin in Michigan this summer was $39.99, but still a bargain. They all came with an extra bulb, and they look and work just like the actual Ott lights.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast