Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Outstanding Service >

Outstanding Service

Outstanding Service

Old 07-06-2015, 05:14 PM

OMG - I was just going to post how impressed I am with Hancock's of Paducah (not the same as Hancock's). I tried and tried to order some things the past few days, using an online e-card that my daughter had given me a long time ago. It just would not work. So, I called them today and the dang e-card had expired last week. They let me use it anyway on the phone. Whew!!!
Old 07-06-2015, 05:45 PM

Nikki, I have always had great service with Hancock's of Paducah too!
Old 07-06-2015, 08:04 PM

I wish I could remember the lady's name at Pellon, but I called and got a voicemail & assumed I might never hear back from them. The next day I got a call from the lady at Pellon who spent -- I kid you not -- probably 30 minutes on the phone with me trying to troubleshoot problems I had with my first commissioned order. I had to stabilize an old fabric for a customer that had more problems than I could possibly name, not least of which was the fact that I was told the fabric was cotton & it turns out after a burn test that it was likely a blend (definitely not 100% cotton) which meant that it would not bond well with WonderUnder. In spite of the fact that was not Pellon's fault, the very kind rep spent a great deal of time helping me save my customer's quilt. I will be forever grateful and tell literally every single quilt shop employee & quilter I meet.

I do not own a shop or make a large number of quilts. I am no one special when it comes to buying fusible web, but man if I wasn't treated like royalty. I can't imagine ever using a different brand of fusible webbing after that experience.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:11 AM

I had a great experience with Nancy's Notions several years ago. I had ordered something (right now I don't remember what it was), but it was only in the $30 range. I received the 10-spool Echidna Multi-Spool Thread Holder. I called them, and fully expected to have to pay for that since I liked it ($70 & up). They said that since it was their fault for shipping the wrong thing to me, that I could keep it, and they would ship me the correct item. They also said that someone else had ordered the Echidna Thread Holder, and they had probably received my item, so they would call that person to check about their order. Great service, Nancy's Notions!
Old 07-07-2015, 03:45 AM

I too love Nancy's Notions (and Nancy for sure). I recently ordered several different fabrics from NN and with 2 of them they threw in several inches on the end if the bolt along with a little note explaining the add on. There customer service is great.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:46 AM

So nice to hear of good service. My friend Sheena has bought from Marshall's and had excellent service. Thanks ladies for some good news.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Evy View Post
I frequently order from Marshall Dry Goods in Arkansas and I cannot get over their customer service. I ordered 4 yards of a navy calico and when I received it, it was more a medium blue, identical pattern. I called them and since I had ordered the same navy before had them check back orders. Sure enough they had sent the wrong fabric. I explained that I would keep the order I received but would like to re-order the correct one. The gentleman I spoke with said they would ship out what I needed at no charge to me since it was their mistake. Their fabric is reasonably priced, good quality and boy do I wish I could visit their store. But then again, that could be a bad thing!

evy
Their response was in order with the patience you showed with their mistake. Most people mean well and appreciate when their mistakes are met with kindness and understanding. Because of your approach to the problem, the rep wasn't placed on the defensive and was generous with his solution.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by gailg View Post
their response was in order with the patience you showed with their mistake. Most people mean well and appreciate when their mistakes are met with kindness and understanding. Because of your approach to the problem, the rep wasn't placed on the defensive and was generous with his solution.
how nice to see nice and positive reports. Yes gail that is the key, positives get positives and negativity creats nevativity.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Evy View Post
Their fabric is reasonably priced, good quality and boy do I wish I could visit their store. But then again, that could be a bad thing!

evy
I got to go there a couple of years ago and spent over three hours in ecstasy! I filled the back of our SUV for a very reasonable amount of money and have loved using all that wonderful fabric. Their selection, quality of fabric and prices are all stellar. Plus the service in-store is impeccable! So hope i can get back sometime!
Old 07-07-2015, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by GailG View Post
Their response was in order with the patience you showed with their mistake. Most people mean well and appreciate when their mistakes are met with kindness and understanding. Because of your approach to the problem, the rep wasn't placed on the defensive and was generous with his solution.
This is so true. When dealing with businesses, they need our respect and kindness too.

Also good service does not automatically mean you will get something for free.