Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Anyone have an outstanding Peach Pie recipe to share?

  1. #1
    Super Member MellieKQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,262
    I am making my sweetie a Peach Pie to take with him fishing this week... anyone have an extra special recipe?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Crabby Patty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    720
    Here is one to die for:

    Fresh Peach Pie

    Crust: 1-1/2 cup flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup oil
    2 Tbls. sugar
    2 Tbls. milk

    Mix with electric mixer. Press in pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

    Filling: 1/2 cup sugar'
    3 Tbls. corn starch
    2 Tbls. white syrup
    1 cup water

    Cook on med. heat stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, stir in 2 Tbls. dry peach jello. Cool in fridge 15-20 minutes. DO NOT SET. Stir in 4 cups sliced peaches. Pour in crust. Refrigerate or freeze. Enjoy.

  3. #3
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,663
    Blog Entries
    194
    thanks for the recipe

    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
    Here is one to die for:

    Fresh Peach Pie

    Crust: 1-1/2 cup flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup oil
    2 Tbls. sugar
    2 Tbls. milk

    Mix with electric mixer. Press in pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

    Filling: 1/2 cup sugar'
    3 Tbls. corn starch
    2 Tbls. white syrup
    1 cup water

    Cook on med. heat stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, stir in 2 Tbls. dry peach jello. Cool in fridge 15-20 minutes. DO NOT SET. Stir in 4 cups sliced peaches. Pour in crust. Refrigerate or freeze. Enjoy.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,342
    Patty that sounds wonderful! Thank you.

  5. #5
    Super Member MellieKQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,262
    Thanks crabby patty!! :-)

  6. #6
    Super Member raedar63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,045
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    thanks for the recipe

    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
    Here is one to die for:

    Fresh Peach Pie

    Crust: 1-1/2 cup flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup oil
    2 Tbls. sugar
    2 Tbls. milk

    Mix with electric mixer. Press in pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

    Filling: 1/2 cup sugar'
    3 Tbls. corn starch
    2 Tbls. white syrup
    1 cup water

    Cook on med. heat stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, stir in 2 Tbls. dry peach jello. Cool in fridge 15-20 minutes. DO NOT SET. Stir in 4 cups sliced peaches. Pour in crust. Refrigerate or freeze. Enjoy.
    This is wonderful with any type soft fruit, strawberries, raspberries,just use same flavor of jello.

  7. #7
    Super Member Wanabee Quiltin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    St. Louis suburbs
    Posts
    5,517
    I use the recipe on Tapioca pudding, it's delicious. They do not put Peach Pie on each box so here is the recipe:

    4 cups of sliced peaches, 3 or 4 cups sugar, 1/4 cup Tapioca, and 1 Tbsp of lemon juice. Stir and let sit for 15 minutes, stir again and put into pie shell. I like cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg in my peach pie so I sprinkle maybe a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and a sprinkle of nutmeg before putting into pie shell. Dot 1 Tblsp of butter on top of peaches and add top shell. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for about 50-60 min. I put something on the bottom of my oven as this may bubble out. This is a delicious recipe. Honest Abe. :thumbup:

  8. #8
    Super Member Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Warrenville, IL
    Posts
    2,022
    Peach Pie - Toni Parrish

    6 peaches, skinned and sliced
    Put into an unbaked pie shell

    Mix together the following and pour over peaches:

    1 cup sugar
    1 T. (or 2) flour
    2 beaten eggs
    3 T. Cream or half and half

    Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 375 and bake for 30 minutes.
    Chill when cooled.

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,639
    Blog Entries
    42
    Thank you for the great recipes. Can;t wait to make one.

  10. #10
    Super Member quilter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ayr, Ontario
    Posts
    1,064
    Blog Entries
    326
    Is that really 3 or 4 cups sugar? Maybe it should be 3/4 cup sugar?
    I meant to quote 'Wannabee Quiltin'.

  11. #11
    Super Member MellieKQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,262
    Thanks ladies!!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    48
    We always use this receipe. Quick and easy.
    Make crust for a double crust pie, Then peel about 5-6 peaches, depending on size, add 1 cup sugar, 2 Tablespoon flour, 1/4 teas. cinnamon, mix together, put in pie shell. Dot with butter, and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top. Put the top crust on. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

  13. #13
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,230
    Blog Entries
    1
    Whatever you do use, always add Almond flavoring. Almost 45 years ago my lovely Portuguese Mother in law taught me to always use Almond flavoring in any of the stone fruit cooking. (Stone fruits include Apricot and Peach and Plum, etc.) I've always done that and it intensifies the flavor of whatever it's added to.

  14. #14
    Super Member MellieKQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    Whatever you do use, always add Almond flavoring. Almost 45 years ago my lovely Portuguese Mother in law taught me to always use Almond flavoring in any of the stone fruit cooking. (Stone fruits include Apricot and Peach and Plum, etc.) I've always done that and it intensifies the flavor of whatever it's added to.
    Very interesting! I will have to remember that..

  15. #15
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,478
    Sounds wonderful

  16. #16
    Member gramtam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    80
    this is the same recipe I use it is delicious!

  17. #17
    Super Member Mariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pittsburg, Kansas
    Posts
    1,588
    Blog Entries
    1
    We like this one:
    Crust: 2 c. flour
    1/2 t.salt
    1/2 c. liquid oil+1/4 c. water
    6-7 cups sliced peaches; just a wild guess, but you can tell when you have enough.
    3/4-1 c. sugar
    Peaches to fill the pie pan
    tapioca or flour to thicken
    margarine or butter.
    CRUST:
    Mix the flour and salt. Add the oil and water mixture.
    Stir well; lay out on a bread board or wax paper. Flour the surface well before putting dough on it; divide the dough in half. Roll out to fairly thin, have floured well. Either wrap around the rolling pin, or lift carefully to the pie pan. Fill the pie pan with the crust.

    PEACH MIXTURE:
    1. Have a bowl of lemon juice and water ready for the sliced peaches. This prevents them from turning dark.
    2. Flour the bottom of the pie pan well to keep the juices from making the crust soggy.
    3. Fill the pie pan with the sliced peaches, and discard the lemon juice/water mixture.
    4. Coat the peaches well with: sugar, tapioca--about 2-3 T.; flour, about the same. Stir until the peaches are well coated.
    5. Put dots of butter/margarine on top.
    6. Add about 2 T. Cinnamon for extra flavor, and stir well.
    7. Roll out the other half of the crust, and put on top. Carefully adjust it to the top so it looks yummy.
    Bake about 15 min at 425. Reduce heat and bake about 30 min. at 375.
    Let cool awhile before cutting.
    ***We love this pie, and you can make Apple the same.
    2. Remove skin by dipping in boiling water. Slice peaches into the above.
    Serve and enjoy!!
    Mariah.

  18. #18
    Junior Member Nana Coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Happy Valley USA
    Posts
    104
    Could the corn starch be swapped out for Tapioca? I read that Tapioca creates a "clear" glaze - and I know that corn starch creates a hazy glaze??? Just wondering???


    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    thanks for the recipe

    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
    Here is one to die for:

    Fresh Peach Pie

    Crust: 1-1/2 cup flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup oil
    2 Tbls. sugar
    2 Tbls. milk

    Mix with electric mixer. Press in pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

    Filling: 1/2 cup sugar'
    3 Tbls. corn starch
    2 Tbls. white syrup
    1 cup water

    Cook on med. heat stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, stir in 2 Tbls. dry peach jello. Cool in fridge 15-20 minutes. DO NOT SET. Stir in 4 cups sliced peaches. Pour in crust. Refrigerate or freeze. Enjoy.
    This is wonderful with any type soft fruit, strawberries, raspberries,just use same flavor of jello.

  19. #19
    Super Member Mariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pittsburg, Kansas
    Posts
    1,588
    Blog Entries
    1
    In answer to NanaCoop's question about substituting corn starch for the tapicoa: Yes, either flour or cornstarch. It is a matter of what you like. I like the glisteny finish tapioca gives.
    This pie leaves you wanting another piece--after "just one."
    Mariah.

  20. #20
    GG
    GG is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Shandon, Ohio
    Posts
    140
    Thanks sounds really good and DH come home from flea market today with fresh peaches

  21. #21
    Super Member Mariah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pittsburg, Kansas
    Posts
    1,588
    Blog Entries
    1
    I will have to brag; it is delicious, and you can make Apple or any fruit pies the same way.
    Also, if you don't have enough peaches, you can add Blueberries or other berries, and that is also delicious.
    Good luck with your peaches and peach pie!
    Mariah

  22. #22
    Junior Member Nana Coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Happy Valley USA
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariah
    I will have to brag; it is delicious, and you can make Apple or any fruit pies the same way.
    Also, if you don't have enough peaches, you can add Blueberries or other berries, and that is also delicious.
    Good luck with your peaches and peach pie!
    Mariah
    Thanks so much!! Go ahead and brag--love to hear it. :)

  23. #23
    B Jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    688
    Many years ago, I had a recipe that called for adding a handful of the little hot cinnamon candies to a peach pie. It was actually a valentine dessert - with a heart cutout in the top crust so the "blushing peaches" would show.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Crabby Patty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana Coop
    Could the corn starch be swapped out for Tapioca? I read that Tapioca creates a "clear" glaze - and I know that corn starch creates a hazy glaze??? Just wondering???


    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    thanks for the recipe

    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
    Here is one to die for:

    Fresh Peach Pie

    Crust: 1-1/2 cup flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup oil
    2 Tbls. sugar
    2 Tbls. milk

    Mix with electric mixer. Press in pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

    Filling: 1/2 cup sugar'
    3 Tbls. corn starch
    2 Tbls. white syrup
    1 cup water

    Cook on med. heat stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, stir in 2 Tbls. dry peach jello. Cool in fridge 15-20 minutes. DO NOT SET. Stir in 4 cups sliced peaches. Pour in crust. Refrigerate or freeze. Enjoy.
    This is wonderful with any type soft fruit, strawberries, raspberries,just use same flavor of jello.


    You could probably substitute tapioca for the corn starch but when you cook the glaze it is clear anyway. Whichever you prefer.patti

  25. #25
    Junior Member Nana Coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Happy Valley USA
    Posts
    104
    I have done this with corn starch and it's always cloudy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana Coop
    Could the corn starch be swapped out for Tapioca? I read that Tapioca creates a "clear" glaze - and I know that corn starch creates a hazy glaze??? Just wondering???


    Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    thanks for the recipe

    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
    Here is one to die for:

    Fresh Peach Pie

    Crust: 1-1/2 cup flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup oil
    2 Tbls. sugar
    2 Tbls. milk

    Mix with electric mixer. Press in pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

    Filling: 1/2 cup sugar'
    3 Tbls. corn starch
    2 Tbls. white syrup
    1 cup water

    Cook on med. heat stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, stir in 2 Tbls. dry peach jello. Cool in fridge 15-20 minutes. DO NOT SET. Stir in 4 cups sliced peaches. Pour in crust. Refrigerate or freeze. Enjoy.
    This is wonderful with any type soft fruit, strawberries, raspberries,just use same flavor of jello.


    You could probably substitute tapioca for the corn starch but when you cook the glaze it is clear anyway. Whichever you prefer.patti

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.