Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pajama Days >

Pajama Days

Pajama Days

Old 03-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Dee

Love the color on your jacket to be. I love jammie days. DH don't care and I'm so relaxed sewing and thinking seems to be better. Retired now, so no more dressing up in heels, hose and suits. Relax time. Most of the time in sweats or terry cute lounge pants. If going out I put jeans on.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:01 PM

Relief...the dog has been found and is in the dog pound for the night. DH has to get a new windshield put in first thing in the morning and then will return to the town where she was found to pick her up. Bet she'll be glad to see him!! To those working in animal protection, can I just say THANK YOU for the wonderful job that you do!

So, one more pajama night and day for me before the whole family returns. I'm ready, it's starting to get a little lonely around here.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:44 PM

My husband is retired so I don't get those kind of days but would take advantage of them, as you are, if I did. I love the fabrics you have chosen for your jacket. I want to make one with turquoise and purple. Those colors may sound strange to some but i love them together. Please post a picture of the jacket when it is complete.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:09 PM

that's my goal for the weekend not get dressed & not leave the house... of course, it is my goal most weekends, but usually i have to get dressed and run some errand i don't care about.. usually involves dh or dd..

but i did the marketing this evening on my way home & the only way they're getting me out of this house this weekend is kicking & screaming!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:09 PM

I have pajama days all the time :lol: . The dog and cats don't care what I wear as long as they get the attention and are fed promptly. That's what retirement is all about to me...comfy and cozy!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:47 PM

Oh yes I love pajama days. Spent 4 days with 3 girlfriends and we sewed all day/eve and left our pj's on. One gal said she couldn't believe we didn't go anywhere to shop or out to eat-but what a great time we had.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by rahaube
My husband is retired so I don't get those kind of days but would take advantage of them, as you are, if I did. I love the fabrics you have chosen for your jacket. I want to make one with turquoise and purple. Those colors may sound strange to some but i love them together. Please post a picture of the jacket when it is complete.
Purple and turquoise will be delicious!!
Old 03-27-2011, 02:56 AM

My pajama days are over now. DD2 had friends in and out all day doing hair and helping everyone get ready for the first prom of the season. Fun and exciting but I didn't get much sewing done AND I had to get dressed in real clothes! Ha!!

I ran out of fabrics too so I had to stop. I was afraid I wouldn't have enough and I was right. (I bought a 1x shirt because I normally wear a LG and I started with 2 yds. of fabric. It's going to take a little more than three yards total by the time I get the binding on it.) I'll have to wait until Monday now to get anymore fabric. Much of what I was using was from fat quarters that I've picked up all over the country so I won't be able to replace most of those. Plan B is to use a single batik on the sleeves, three of them I know I can get more of so it should work out okay. I also think I'm going to put some darts in the jacket to pull it in at the waist a little bit and get a more fitted look from it. This quick little jacket is taking far longer than I planned on but it is turning out really nice. Even my DD2 loves it and I thought for sure that she would not.

Thanks for joining me in my weekend adventure everyone! It was nice to have some company even though I was home alone. I'll make a new post when I get the jacket done next week.

Rose L
Old 04-10-2011, 11:15 PM

Can't have PJ days, never know when family/friends will knock at door or who they will have with them, but I do have Tracky days when its cold or I just feel yuk! No bra, just a tighter tee to stop the flop and a track suit over.