Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Panel with quotes about daughters...

Have any of you made something with one of these panels? I did not buy the pattern so I'm stuck as to how to finish it. Duh!

Have you done anything yet? I would just mimic the pattern they offered and make my own. What do you want it to look like? I want to do one of verses of Praise.

I've seen them done as square in a square. I'm going to a quilt show next weekend- will see if one of the vendors has the panels. Can you search the company website?

Quote Originally Posted by eightylady
    Have any of you made something with one of these panels? I did not buy the pattern so I'm stuck as to how to finish it. Duh!
    Just sent a PM to u on these. I have the daughter, teacher and quilt ones. Went to the WI Quilt Expo and they were there.....they made a tote with one and so nice, took pic. I am now cutting the teacher one out and going to make a tote for a wedding shower gift for a teacher. Will try posting pic....just loved their booth and so much to see they had and ideas.....I bought my panels on sale online for only $4.95 a piece. At the show they wanted $9 for them. They also had the kits and all too. Ok will try and post pic here of the tote that was so nice I am trying to do. Hope it works, never done this .....Also, they used charm sq. to make this tote. I also think the panels would make a cute apron with the charm squares, my idea...

Tote made with panel
    Name:  Attachment-267814.jpe
Views: 257
Size:  94.0 KB

Blog Entries
    I used these quotes as the center for a courthouse log cabin quilt for my daughter
    She does research almost everyday for her Suveryor husband.

I did post below but how about just making a quilt with the charm squares and panel...or just use the panel in a frame and frame it with mtl. and do a strip around each sq. Depending on how u want to use it, how would u like to use it, in a quilt, wall hanging or table, etc......let me know and I will explain some ideas or just pm me

Blog Entries
    I have the one for daughters for a wall hanging or quilt. If that's the one your talking about pm haven't started it just read instructions.

I have never seen these panels, other than what has been posted on here. I bet it's one of those panels that NStitchS used to make a quilt for her daughter as a "off-to-university" farewell quilt. You could stalk her threads and get a peak of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilted Dogs
    Just sent a PM to u on these. I have the daughter, teacher and quilt ones. Went to the WI Quilt Expo and they were there.....they made a tote with one and so nice, took pic. I am now cutting the teacher one out and going to make a tote for a wedding shower gift for a teacher. Will try posting pic....just loved their booth and so much to see they had and ideas.....I bought my panels on sale online for only $4.95 a piece. At the show they wanted $9 for them. They also had the kits and all too. Ok will try and post pic here of the tote that was so nice I am trying to do. Hope it works, never done this .....Also, they used charm sq. to make this tote. I also think the panels would make a cute apron with the charm squares, my idea...
    I was there, also, and bought one of the panels. Where did you get it online? I would like more, but I couldn't justify it for $9.00.
    Thanks!