Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper Piecing Question

Hello all. I could really use something info on the best paper to use when making copies for paper piecing. I have my stitches small so I guess I need a different paper. Thanks for all your help. You ladies and gents are the best ever. LOL in Christ, Carmen

Quote Originally Posted by carmen4him
    Hello all. I could really use something info on the best paper to use when making copies for paper piecing. I have my stitches small so I guess I need a different paper. Thanks for all your help. You ladies and gents are the best ever. LOL in Christ, Carmen
    I have a supply of onion skin (from waaay back when we used to make carbon copies of letters in the typewriter) that works well. I also have purchased paper piecing paper from Carol Doak that works very well.

Thanks. Will the onion skin go through the printer ok? Thanks.

I use cheap scribble pads I get at the dollar tree.

I have to admit I'm lazy and use whatever is in the printer. I've never had trouble with removal. I use a size 12 or 14 needle and a 1.5 stitch length. You might want to use a spritz of water to help remove stubborn paper.

I find it I fold it over and then use a pair of straight edge tweezers it comes off fine.

Blog Entries
    I also use the scribble pads from the dollar tree. I cut them down to 8 1/2 x 11. You can get a lot of pages and they only cost $1.00 each pad. tear off really easy.

I've used all kinds of different papers with mostly the same result. My advice is to use the least expensive stuff. If your stitch length is small it tears away with care. I fold each stitched line before I trim away the excess, so I think that helps. It's like tearing away perforated paper or checks. Love that water tip! I will definitely try that for the stubborn bits.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I had some of Carol Doak's papers and that's exactly what they felt like! It just occurred to me!!!!!!!!! :D
    Go to the Dollar store!!!!!!!
    And thanks for reminding me :thumbup:

I but the really big pads of newsprint, if I want to put them in the copier, it works, and I tape 4 together fo my "paper quilt" when I plan a project.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast