Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattern for "concealed carry" purse needed

Does anyone know where I can get a pattern to make a "concealed carry" purse? There was a lady at the Dallas quilt show last year that was making them, but I lost her email address.

Dunno, but gal here just got a Featherweight her hubby bought for her at a gun show, and here's another gun-quilt connection. Unexpected! Maybe there's a whole market where cold hard steel meets cotton and wool (other than sewing machines).

Quote Originally Posted by Maia B
    Dunno, but gal here just got a Featherweight her hubby bought for her at a gun show, and here's another gun-quilt connection. Unexpected! Maybe there's a whole market where cold hard steel meets cotton and wool (other than sewing machines).
    I will ask my sister. She is the field rep for the NRA here in Colorado. My parents owned a Hunting and Fishing store for years. Most of the purses they carried were made of heavy-duty material because of the weight of the fire-arm inside. I doubt cotton fabric would hold up well.

I agree that there may be a connection :lol: :lol: . The ones at the Dallas show were so cute you wouldn't even have known what they were. I have searched everywhere for her card but I guess it got thrown away. Maybe she will be there again this year. We've actually been to gun shows at the same place that we have had quilt shows.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    I will ask my sister. She is the field rep for the NRA here in Colorado. My parents owned a Hunting and Fishing store for years. Most of the purses they carried were made of heavy-duty material because of the weight of the fire-arm inside. I doubt cotton fabric would hold up well.
    Thanks. We have a couple of leather ones, but I wanted to try to make one our of reinforce cotton.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    I was thinking that using a heavy fabric that doesn't stretch much would be what you would want too. Heavily quilted cotton with a very firm, stiff interfacing may work.
    I guess it would depend on the size/weight of your hand gun and what else you put in the purse too :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I was thinking that using a heavy fabric that doesn't stretch much would be what you would want too. Heavily quilted cotton with a very firm, stiff interfacing may work.
    I guess it would depend on the size/weight of your hand gun and what else you put in the purse too :D:D:D[/quote]
    ---------------------------------
    I've been wondering myself. I need to get a carry permit, since I always drive alone and often at night. I think that you could double the stiff interfacing and make it handle more like canvas.
    That way the "pretty" look won't advertise what you have in it.

I would be interested in that pattern as well. Right now I prefer to carry on my person, but if I could remember to carry a purse this would be really useful.

Blog Entries
    Oh, please , if anyone finds one, post it. Carry purses are SOOOOOOO expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey
    Oh, please , if anyone finds one, post it. Carry purses are SOOOOOOO expensive.
    Yes they are! The lady at the Dallas quilt show was selling them for $50.00 each and they were very well made. But I didn't like any of the fabrics that she had made hers out of and she told me that if I would send her the fabric that I wanted it made out of, she would make it for $50.00. I got her card and when I went to look for it in my stuff, I couldn't find it. If she is there again next month, I will get her information again and post it on this forum.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast