Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pattern Ideas

Blog Entries
    My friend in Pleasant Grove, Alabama lost everything, I want to make her a quilt (she made quilts) what would be a quick easy pattern?

Yellow Brick Road seems really quick, I used the pattern-directions, but did it in pinks and greens as they are my mom's favorite colors. The directions tell you how many FQs needed, cut and strip piece. Now I need to quilt it.

Also Missouri Star Quilt has a tute on a fast block with 3 seams. They did it with a cake layer pack, and had large blocks. Some on here did the same pattern with smaller squares, making smaller blocks.

Large pinwheel might also go quickly.

Blog Entries
    I'm blank on a pattern, but just wanted to say how sorry I am about all the loss that has occurred with this storm system. Bless you for doing this for your friend.

Blog Entries
    Oh my goodness, I am so sorry for your friend! {{{hugs}}}

9 patch might be good since that's got a lot of straight lines and can be done assembly line. Do you need fabrics or blocks? I'll be glad to do a block for you.

Trip around the world seems to be going very quickly, especially if you strip/tube piece it, which is what I'm working on. Mine is king sized, so it's taking a bit longer (add in the fact that I'm a fairly new quilter, so it's probably taking even longer!)

Banned
    I like Warm Wishes for a quick but very pretty quilt.

sewing rectangular strips together is a nice easy way to go, the color combinations can be bright and cheerful or subtle, or you can mix a bunch of prints and solids up for an interesting varied look. The strips can be all different lengths too. Good way to use up scraps and get a beautiful result.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JCquilts
    I like Warm Wishes for a quick but very pretty quilt.
    I was thinking the same thing. Even the name is right. God be with her and her family and all the others in the same plight.

Gads, there are so many quick quilt patterns: rail fence, coin quilts, strip quilts, big block quilts, and more.

More importantly I would think is to choose something you like .. then the sewing will be more fun for you and therefore quicker.

ali