Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The Perfect Quilt shop/store would be....... >

The Perfect Quilt shop/store would be.......

The Perfect Quilt shop/store would be.......

Old 05-18-2010, 10:20 AM

I live in the Atlanta area and I agree with you that a number of the quilt shops in the area are not very friendly almost to the point of being snotty!!

Where is the quilt shop in Florida
Old 05-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Power Poster

Walking distance from my house.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:28 AM

I'll go first.

1) Friendly customer service where the employees get to know you and are friendly and helpful to everyone even the first time customer.

What else........[/quote]

Ive got that at Quilters' Paradise here in Excondido!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by ckcslowe
I'll go first.

1) Friendly customer service where the employees get to know you and are friendly and helpful to everyone even the first time customer.

What else........
Ive got that at Quilters' Paradise here in Escondido![/quote]
Old 05-18-2010, 11:30 AM

Yup, I too sadly have been there.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:31 AM

double post! :(
Old 05-18-2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by Maire
The closest (20 min) LQS to me is one of the snotty types, they follow me like glue, I must look like the typical shoplifter, (I'm fair complexion Hispanic) & I have a friend who is fair complexican Afician American-they totally ignore her, won't even wait on her when she has fabric at the cutting counter. My non ethnic friends love that store, they always know when there are good sales but the owner never sends me or my ethnic friend their newsletter, even via email. And we're senior citizens, not rowdy youngsters. I kept giving them the benefit of the doubt thinking I was being too sensitive, but won't go back again.
Their loss, I spend a lot on fabric. Another 2 stores, farther away, are wonderful, but I can't get to them often because of the distance, so do online shopping.
i;ve done the same type of thing...but i also make sure i mention to someone when i get good service... a friend of mine & i went to dinner a few weeks ago, the waitress was wonderful...i dropped a note in the mail to the mgr of the restaurant....sometimes recognizing good service is more important than bad...

I'd have to go back one more time and do something outrageous---Like have them cut a bunch of fabric, pile up a huge amount of notions and then after it's all rung up say, "You know what? You people have treated me badly every time I've been here so I don't think I really want you to have any of my money. I've changed my mind about the fabric but not about your snottiness and rude behavior." Then I'd walk out. We had a store like that here. I went there one day and they were extremely rude so I walked out. I went back the next day (when the owner was there) walked right up to the woman that had been so rude and said in a rather loud voice, "I walked out of here yesterday and told myself I'd never come back because of your extreme rudeness. Then when I got home I decided that perhaps you were just having a really bad day so I came back today to give you another chance to wait on me. If you manage to do better today then maybe I'll come back again. If you persist in your nastiness then I'll leave and won't come back. That way I'll be happy and you can go on your miserable way. Would you care to play nice today?" She waited on me that day and tried very hard to be nice, but I could tell that the owner was waiting for me to leave in order to pounce. They're closed down now.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Banned

Ok I like the one about shopping free. because than I could buy some fabric. God bless. Penny
Old 05-18-2010, 09:40 PM

Can you tell me what type of Batting/Backing you would recommend. Like I said I am a biggener!
Old 05-19-2010, 02:35 PM
Pam

Originally Posted by pattral
Can you tell me what type of Batting/Backing you would recommend. Like I said I am a biggener!
Many people choose different types of batting depending on the project.

If you are ready to select batting, post a picture of your quilt in the main area and ask, you will get lots of answers.