Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Pfaff ClassicStyle Quilt 2027

I have this machine, and about 6 months ago it got a mind of it's own. Would stitch fine for awhile, and then start sewing stitches 1/2 inch long. Or zigzag fine for awhile, and suddenly switch to a straight stitch. Took it too my local repairman, and he found a damaged part, replaced it, and thought he fixed the problem.

Nope, not fixed. Refunded my money.

I called the next Pfaff dealer, a good 65 miles away. That repairman told me to try changing the light bulb. (It was not burned out.) He said he doesn't understand why, but changing the light bulb seems to fix some of the stranger problems with this machine.

Did that, and six months later the machine is running fine. Still scratch my head when I think about this.

Don't have a question for you. Just wanted to share my head scratching experience!

How interesting, I would have to agree with you, Your machine has a mind of it's own..... Kind of spooky!

wow that is crazy

Blog Entries
    Ours is not to wonder why :wink: Just enjoy that it worked :thumbup: LOL

Could it possibly have something to do with humidity? Or lack thereof?

Quote Originally Posted by quilt1950 View Post
    I have this machine, and about 6 months ago it got a mind of it's own. Would stitch fine for awhile, and then start sewing stitches 1/2 inch long. Or zigzag fine for awhile, and suddenly switch to a straight stitch. Took it too my local repairman, and he found a damaged part, replaced it, and thought he fixed the problem.

Nope, not fixed. Refunded my money.

I called the next Pfaff dealer, a good 65 miles away. That repairman told me to try changing the light bulb. (It was not burned out.) He said he doesn't understand why, but changing the light bulb seems to fix some of the stranger problems with this machine.

Did that, and six months later the machine is running fine. Still scratch my head when I think about this.

Don't have a question for you. Just wanted to share my head scratching experience!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this bit of information. I just broke my second needle since I was sewing with a single hole foot and the machine went haywire and started sewing a zigzag stitch. I removed the light bulb and it's stitching perfectly. I'll have to purchase a replacement tomorrow morning.

Again, thank you for posting this and for this wonderful board that is full of amazing information.

I have the Pfaff 2048, had the same symptoms , took it in and it was what they called " the mother board" , was fixed under warranty. Then this year the feed dog motor ceased up, they offered me $80 for trade, I had it fixed and took her home!

That is just about the oddest thing I have ever heard of. That would be like someone telling you to turn on the oven if your pants are too long. In my mind they just are not connected. Glad your machine is happy again.
    Anne L. Fulton

Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake.

Well, this is just fascinating. First, I am amazed that the Pfaff repairman told you to change the light bulb...sort of sounds like a "trade secret"....and then that it worked!! If my Pfaff expression 2.0 ever has a mind of its own, I may change the light bulb.

Dina

Well I have a 2038 collecting dust because I am tired of paying for fixes that work for just a while. Will haul it out and try the light idea. I love this machinecdearly when it is working right.